Chapter 101: No

People rarely walked the mountain paths to Splendid Cloud Sect. The people with lower cultivation in the sect would buy steeds that could fly. Disciples who did not reach Base Building would have to be accompanied by other members who were Base Building or above.
The limestone paths were covered in grass and formed an undisturbed world. Dots of sunlight passed through cracks in the leaves and left marks of light on the limestone.

Kong Hou had joined the sect for seven years and never walked this path. It gave her a sense of unfamiliar novelty. “Tan Feng Shixiong told me about this path. When Splendid Cloud Sect was first founded, the disciples in the sect mostly had low cultivation and built this path for the disciples to go up and down the mountain. Later, as the disciples increased in number, more had high cultivation, and less people walked this path. But to remember the past hardship, the sect will fix this road every few decades. This is a path that Splendid Cloud Sect made from nothing.” Kong Hou turned back to look at the steep mountain path. Thousands of years ago, the sect ancestors had relied on this path to create Splendid Cloud Sect’s lands.

Huan Zhong listened silently. Compared to Splendid Cloud Sect’s rise from poverty, Radiance Sect’s founding was much more noble. The founding of Radiance Sect was due to several powerful sword cultivators that felt their skilled swordsmanship should not decline and fall to obscurity after they ascended. So they threw around talismans and spirit stones to create the vast sect.

Because the buildings of the sect were refined and as beautiful as crystal, they called it Radiance Sect. Ordinary people saw the disciples of Radiance Sect and would call them Radiance Sword Transcendents.

The founding of Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect were completely different. Radiance Sect was able to stand for so many years and steadily hold onto the position of top sect—which seemed easy, but was actually a very difficult matter. Splendid Cloud Sect also had a path of hardship to become one of the top ten sects from an unknown minor sect.

In the past, he did not understand. As he grew up, he understood. Any sect that survived the attack of the evil cultivators on the cultivation world in the past had their unique attributes.

“Your sect is very great.” Huan Zhong slowly walked on the path like he was strolling in the mist. He looked upwards. He feared there were several people who were peeking at them from then to now.

“Of course.” Kong Hou’s face was bright when she mentioned her sect. She did not forget to flatter Radiance Sect. “Radiance Sect is also great.”
It was easy to conquer lands, but it was difficult to hold them. Radiance Sect had passed down for so many years and had such high status in the cultivation world. This required each generation of sect masters to have great self-control, as well as ability. This was a great test of the sect.

Kong Hou wanted to know—had a stern sect like Radiance Sect ever produced an unreliable sword cultivator?

She was preparing to ask when several fruit husks fell from the sky. She pulled out Water Frost Sword and pointed at the seemingly empty sky. “If you keep looking, I will be angry. Scatter.”

The clouds above rolled, and quickly recovered as though nothing had happened.

Water Frost Sword turned back into a hairpin. Kong Hou put it back into her hair and smiled embarrassedly at Huan Zhong and Lin Hu. “The juniors of the sect are not very mature.”

“No matter.” Huan Zhong smiled and looked towards the air. When Kong Hou spoke, the people hiding behind the clouds all left. No one had stayed shamelessly. “The disciples of your sect are very… lively.”

“I told you to not go, but you did. You will suffer for offending an apprentice.” Gui Ling jumped off the crane, saw the other fellow members still chattering with excitement and sighed.