Chapter 42: Will Not Save

As a master of the sect, even if the sky and earth switched around, he had to keep his composure for the face of the sect. So even though he did not understand what was happening, Heng Yan’s expression was still calm, and his sitting posture correct.

“Sect Master Jin Yue is too polite. As disciples of sects, they should help each other.” Heng Yan still felt slightly puzzled. While Kong Hou had great talent in cultivation, she had only been in the cultivation world for six short years. Her understanding of the cultivation world was limited, her cultivation was also limited. What could she have helped Sect Master Jin Yue’s apprentice with?

He called his apprentice Wu Chuan to receive this apprentice of Radiance Sect, and prepared to find Wang Tong and ask what was going on.

Wu Chuan and the apprentice of Radiance Sect sat face to face. After exchanging a few courtesies, the apprentice of Radiance Sect could not help asking, “I heard that Path Friend Wu Chuan had great skill in swordsmanship. Could I ask Path Friend for some guidance?”

Wu Chuan paused in the middle of drinking tea. He sighed inside, put down the teacup and said, “I do not dare to guide, we are just sparring.”

Wu Chuan was not surprised at the apprentice of Radiance Sect asking such a thing. For so many years, if he encountered a disciple of Radiance Sect, they would most likely seek a sparring session from him. As the sword cultivating disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect, what could he do but agree?

Compared to the swordsmanship of Radiance Sect, Splendid Cloud Sect’s swordsmanship was gentle and leaned more towards protecting oneself. The swordsmanship of Radiance Sect was more vicious. Each move seemed to be calculated and aimed at weaknesses. Grandeur was something their swordsmanship did not need.

Wu Chuan also admitted that the most authentic swordsmanship was at Radiance Sect. But the most authentic was not always the most suitable. He and this apprentice had similar cultivation, and fought to a standstill in their sparring.

“Path Friend Wu Chuan has good swordsmanship.” The apprentice of Radiance Sect felt extremely refreshed by the fight and became more casual in his speech. “In the future, our two sects should interact more.”

Wu Chuan put his sword back in the sheath and felt slightly strange. Radiance Sect was a sect that cared greatly about rules. Their conduct and habits were far from those of Splendid Cloud Sect. So even though everyone maintained a friendship, they did not reach a step where they would frequently communicate with each other.

A sect which liked to keep a stiff face all day long came and said to him they should interact more. This was even scarier than if the disciples in their sect became obsessed with cultivation.

Was Radiance Sect in economic danger and wanted to borrow spirit veins from them?

The first sect of the sect world, who had Sky Sect as one of their subordinate sects, should not lack for spirit stones? While Splendid Cloud Sect was the biggest landholder of the ten major sects, they were good to their people and never asked for high rent. In terms of wealth, they were middling among the ten major sects. It would be better for Radiance Sect to find Clear Dawn Sect rather than them.

The disciples of Radiance Sect were not skilled in observing people, so he did not see the roiling emotions underneath Wu Chuan’s face. He took out the greatest friendliness he had to establish a relationship with Wu Chuan. When he left Splendid Cloud Sect, he thought contentedly, Splendid Cloud Sect must have felt their sincerity in wanting a good relationship.

After sending off the apprentice of Radiance Sect, the peak masters and elders of Splendid Cloud Sect gathered together to discuss Radiance Sect’s intentions.