Chapter 141: Misunderstanding

The grey-robed male cultivator could not keep his temper down at being mocked so by Kong Hou. With a wave of his sleeve, he pulled in the surrounding spirit energy. Many invisible blades appeared in the air. If Kong Hou and Gui Ling dared to move recklessly, these blades would leave behind bloody holes in their bodies.

Gui Ling took a deep breath and climbed up off the ground, trembling. The sharp blades left behind countless small bloody marks on his body. He blinked his eyes and hid his fear inside. He looked at the grey-robed male cultivator. “You are still a member of Primary Luck Sect right now. If something happens to Celestial Kong Hou, do you not fear Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect will target Primary Luck Sect? Then Primary Luck Sect, and you as well, will not be able to avoid the anger of the two great sects.”

The grey-robed cultivator laughed disdainfully. “You are so young—do not attempt to frighten me with such words. Even if Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect attack Primary Luck Sect together, they will not make things difficult for us servants.” A smile appeared on his face, full of disdain and mockery. “These major sects care about going after only the ones who are culpable. They will not blame innocents.”

Gui Ling’s expression changed slightly. He knew the grey-robed male cultivator was correct. Killing the entire sect was not something that Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect would do. Unremarkable cultivators like the grey-robed male cultivator might even become innocent and helpless people if they told some little secrets out of a sense of “justice”. For example, things that Spirit Master Shuang Qing had done.

“Why are you doing this?” After realizing all this, Gui Ling paled even more. “What is the benefit to you in this?”

“What benefit?” The grey-robed male cultivator laughed. “If I can see you virtuous gentlemen in pain, I will feel satisfied.”

Gui Ling looked at the grey-robed man’s madness and bloodthirst. He was shocked inside. Something seemed wrong with this person’s head, and he enjoyed the terror and pain of others. What was the difference between this and “mad serial killers” of novels?

Didn’t Shuang Qing want Primary Luck Sect to become one of the ten major sects? How could he not have discovered someone like this around him? With a head like this, it was better to not be so ambitious. Wanting too much but able to do so little—so embarrassing.
Madmen who took pleasure in the pain of others would not have any sympathy. He bit his lower lip and turned to look at Kong Hou. “Little Shishu, I’m sorry, I have pulled you in.”

“Children should not think too much, or else grow old too fast.” Kong Hou patted Gui Ling’s head. As she moved, the blades in the surroundings seemed to consciously avoid her. They could not harm her at all.

She shook a talisman in her hand that could record illusions. “Path Friend has such special habits. I could only record this for all the cultivators in the world to admire.”

The grey-robed man smirked. “Celestial is smart but there is no chance you will be able to show others this recording stone.”

Kong Hou’s speech and conduct had already angered the grey-robed male cultivator. He had disguised himself for many years for his hidden habit. He enjoyed the terror and helplessness of others when they landed in his hands. He disliked the captives when they disobeyed him.

Seeing the grey-robed male man attack, Kong Hou did not dodge. She spun Phoenix Head in her hand and then attacked.

The powerful air waves almost threw Gui Ling off his feet. He lifted his arm to block the sand and stones flying towards his face. His eyes half-lidded, he watched as Kong Hou and the grey-robed male cultivator fought in the sky. He could not disguise his shock. Kong Hou Shishu was almost equal to a Mind Manifestation cultivator.