Chapter 63: Great-Grandmother

“Eldest Shixiong.” When Kong Hou found Cheng Yi, Cheng Yi was inspecting the defensive formations that Auspicious Pavilion had set up recently. While Cheng Yi mainly cultivated the sword path, he also had great skill in formations. Among the middle generation of disciples in Splendid Cloud Sect, other than Wu Chuan, he was the highest-ranking.

Cheng Yi switched the position of two talismans and rolled down his sleeves. “How is it that you came here?”

Kong Hou smiled at the unfamiliar Auspicious Pavilion disciples. She turned and told Cheng Yi, “Eldest Shixiong, I have something to say to you.”

Cheng Yi glanced at her and motioned for the Auspicious Pavilion disciples not to follow them. He led Kong Hou to a stone table in the middle of the courtyard. “Speak. Do you lack spirit stones or do you want talismans?”

Shaking her head gently, Kong Hou poured a cup of tea and held it out to Cheng Yi with both hands. “None of the above.”

“Oh?” Cheng Yi sipped the tea. “Then what is it?”

“Shixiong, I want to travel to Kui City in two days.” Kong Hou felt slightly guilty. “With you here at Auspicious Pavilion, I will not worry.”

“Together with Huan Zhong?” Cheng Yi put down his teacup, his expression neither angered nor happy. Kong Hou felt even more guilty. She lowered her head and nodded.

“I hear the peach blossom pastries of Kui City are delicious. Remember to mail some back to me when you get there.” Cheng Yi smiled. “Kui City is far. I do not like to travel far, so I will not come with you.”

“Shixiong…” Kong Hou peeked at Cheng Yi. “You do not blame me?”

“Why should I blame you? You left the sect to travel and gain experience. Should I require you to accompany me and stay at Auspicious Pavilion?” Cheng Yi looked at the docile-looking young girl in front of him. His smile became even gentler. “Also, you have Elder Lin and Path Friend Huan Zhong, two powerful people, with you. In the company of those two, you will learn more.” He touched the signet ring on his hand. After travelling around, she learned to make talismans. If she stayed a while longer with Elder Lin and Path Friend Huan Zhong, maybe she would even learn how to make formations, seals, and tame beasts.

“I want to spend more time with you.” Kong Hou put her hands around her face and blinked her eyes at Cheng Yi. “If I leave prematurely, will you not be sad?”

“I will be, but having you stay with us constantly will harm you.” Cheng Yi smiled. “I understand your heart, but cultivators should not be restrained by common traditions. Also, Lingyou World is only so big. If I miss you, I will come find you.”

“Shixiong…” Kong Hou put her hands down and hugged Cheng Yi’s arm. She showed a big smile to him. “You are so good.”

Outside the courtyard gates, Huan Zhong stood on the stone stairs and looked at the two fellow apprentices hugging together. He withdrew his gaze and turned to walk away.

“Spirit Master Huan Zhong.” Pavilion Master Sun walked out of nowhere and bowed to Huan Zhong. “Spirit Master, please wait.”

“Pavilion Master, is there a matter?” Huan Zhong returned the greeting.

“No major matter. Just now, a guest came to visit. I see this person’s fate has some relation to Spirit Master, and have meddled by telling Spirit Master,” Pavilion Master Sun said. “If this person is a descendant of yours, you could take a look.”

“What is this person’s surname?”

“The crown prince of Lingyou World’s imperial family, Chu Ji Xuan,” Pavilion Master Sun said. “He asked me to divine the fate of Chu Family’s country.” For cultivators, the imperial family was a noble decoration. They respected members of the imperial family but did not truly think highly of them. Things like the fate of a country should not be rashly divined. The Chu Family member came asking him because he once owed the Chu Family a favor. However, this favor was not enough for him to actually make the reading. It depended on the attitude of this Spirit Master Huan Zhong.