Chapter 48: Yan City

When Peak Master Song He said this, the people in the hall were shocked. This shizhi was the most talented in Radiance Sect. Ever since he joined the sect, he had been diligent in his cultivation, and killed many evil demons on his own multiple times. If he had really been possessed due to his mental demon, they would do all they could to drive out the possessing soul.

“But…” The female elder who had received the embroidered dress that Shizhi had sent a few days ago frowned. She looked at her fellow members with their serious expressions. “If someone really took over Shizhi, what he should do is act similar to what Shizhi usually does, so as to deceive the sect and get divine talismans. He should not be sending things to make us feel something is wrong.” Why would one possess someone else—was it to send them gifts and make them have suspicions?

Would a soul with this kind of intelligence really be able to take over Shizhi?

When they thought about it, everyone felt the female elder’s words were logical. No evil demon would do something so stupid after possessing someone.

“Then what is going on with Shizhi recently?” Song He was worried. An abrupt change in personality was not a good thing. He worried that his shizhi had given up all hope and was copying ordinary people in sending them things.

In order… to leave behind a memento for them.

Song He only dared to hide this thought in his mind. He feared the grief of the sect master if he said it.

“You have all forgotten that Shizhi has a girl from Splendid Cloud Sect with him. Maybe the little girl likes to buy things for the sect. When Shizhi saw this, he copied her and shopped as well.” The female elder said wryly, “A young and lively girl has some effect on others.”

“This seems logical.” Song He had some understanding of Splendid Cloud Sect’s conduct. They would go buy things when they travelled, and would use up all their spirit stones before they reached their destination. When he had been young, he had participated in the exploration of a secret realm with Wang Tong of Splendid Cloud Sect. That was the first time he had been travelling alone and was very nervous. On the way there, he encountered Wang Tong and they travelled together. Compared to his nervousness, Wang Tong did not think anything of the secret realm, eating and playing throughout the entire journey. When they reached the town where the secret realm was, he had spent all the spirit stones he had.

When they came out of the secret realm, Wang Tong had borrowed several hundred spirit stones from him. If Wang Tong had not come to find him a decade later with several hundred spirit stones, he most likely would have forgotten the matter.

“Shizhi is grown up. He is fine travelling outside; do not worry for nothing.” The female elder stood up. “All of you nagging grandmothers, you are not like sword cultivators.”

“We are all worried about Huan Zhong’s health,” Song He said. “Giving that medicine recipe to Spirit Master Nameless is really a good decision. If he can really find substitute ingredients, we do not have to worry about being unable to gather all the ingredients.”

“With Nameless’ strange temper, he would not leave any face for the disciples of major sects who visit him. It is a joyful surprise that Shizhi was able to get his medicine.” The female elder had heard of many of Spirit Master Nameless’ eccentricities. Shizhi was definitely not the type to receive his favor.

The sword cultivators present thought, maybe Spirit Master Nameless was not as eccentric as the rumors said? Maybe the rumors were exaggerated when being passed on.

Jin Yue listneed to their discussion and did not tell them Splendid Cloud Sect had given them three merpeople scales. It was not that he did not trust them, but it was better for less people to know of this matter. Splendid Cloud Sect had sent the merpeople scales in such a low-key manner, showing that they did not want other people to know that their sect once had merpeople scales.