Chapter 84: Parasite

Kong Hou saw that Sect Master Shuang Qing’s eyes were gentle as he looked at her. She smiled and drank the tea. She felt even more puzzled. She remembered that this rectangular-faced sect master had been polite to her before entering the secret realm. She could not help but think more seeing such a sudden change.

“Sect Master, you are too polite.” In front of other people, Kong Hou could not ask what the other was thanking her for, and let the matter pass.

Sect Master Shuang Qing did not appear to intend to explain. When the banquet ended and Kong Hou prepared to leave, a disciple of Primary Luck Sect came with an invitation, saying the sect master wanted to meet with her for a discussion. Kong Hou was even more puzzled. What matter could she, a young inexperienced disciple, discuss with a sect master?

Primary Luck Sect was not a small sect like Five Flavors Manor and Auspicious Pavilion where most matters could be concluded in a short while.

While puzzled by Shuang Qing’s actions, Kong Hou could not refuse the other’s polite conduct and agreed.

“Will Sect Master Shuang Qing mind if I accompany Miss Kong Hou over?” Huan Zhong looked at the disciple acting as messenger. “Kong Hou is young. Girls are usually timid, and I am afraid she will not be able to speak properly and offend the sect master.”

The messenger disciple had not expected the frosty Spirit Master Huan Zhong to suddenly speak. Timid girls, give offense through words. How many women in the cultivation world were actually timid, and offense…

This was not being worried that Celestial Kong Hou would offend the sect master; he clearly worried about Celestial Kong Hou going alone. Used to seeing the Radiance Sect sword cultivators being cold, the messenger disciple was unaccustomed to seeing a spirit master who liked to “meddle.”

“It is this lowly sect’s honor that Spirit Master will also come.” The messenger disciple agreed after a moment of thought.

In a place like this, he could not say that others were not welcome.

The guests left, and the busy Primary Luck Sect looked much calmer. Disciples with swords in hand passed by, bowing towards them and then moving to the side.

“Spirit Master, Celestial, please come this way.”

Passing by a lotus pond, Kong Hou stopped when seeing Shuang Qing sitting in the middle of the pond.

“Celestial, Spirit Master, please board.” The messenger disciples pull out a jade boat from his sleeve and gestured with his hand.

Huan Zhong jumped onto the boat first and quickly inspected it before he took a step to the side, his hands behind his back. Kong Hou quickly flew next to him and smiled at the messenger disciple.

The jade boat moved on its own, and carried Kong Hou and Huan Zhong towards the pavilion in the water.

“Can you see how many formations are in the pond?” Huan Zhong admired the blooming lotus flowers in the pond and asked Kong Hou.

“Oh…” Kong Hou looked seriously for a long time. “I only see three kinds—Spirit Hastening Formation, Five Elements Formation, and Sound Locking Formation.” The Spirit Hastening and Five Elements formations were built for the lotus flowers in the pond, and the Sound Locking Formation was to protect the pavilion in the middle of the water and to stop others from easily entering. The jade boat under her feet was the key to unlocking the formations. Without this jade boat, one would be attacked by the formation when they got close.

“You can now recognize these formations after just a few days, very good.” This was not the season for lotus flowers, but they were blooming happily. The water which should have been turbid was clear to the bottom, the golden koi easily seen swimming in the water. If water was clear, it should not have any fish. But the fish here lived easily by the spirit energy.