Chapter 16: Warning

After two of the shixiong tied up the Mind Manifestation cultivator, Kong Hou went weak at the knees. “Ling Hui Shijie, please support me.”

“You’re injured?” Ling Hui helped Kong Hou jump onto the flying sword. She thought that Kong Hou did not want to embarrass herself and show her injury in front of the citizens. She asked in a small voice, “Where did that old bastard wound you?”

“Not wounded, just… weak at the knees.” Kong Hou was slightly embarrassed and covered her face with a hand. Even if that Mind Manifestation cultivator had been produced by consuming pills, his cultivation was much higher than hers. The other’s presence almost suffocated. But at that time, if she showed any timidity, would the citizens of Harmonious City who led unworried lives be afraid as well?

As a disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect, she felt she could not stand by and let this happen. Her father had failed the people of the world, but she, as an apprentice of Splendid Cloud Sect, could not fail the people of Harmonious City.

“Silly Shimei.” Ling Hui smiled and tapped Kong Hou’s forehead with a finger. Her smile became gentle. “While you just reached Base Building, and you are young, you already understand what kindness is. That is already astounding.”

Cultivation was to go against heaven, so Splendid Cloud Sect cared about cultivating their bodies and their inner selves as well. Little Shimei had outstanding talent, was just fourteen, and already had the bravery and kindness to stand in front of a villain for the people. This was much more valuable than her pentad spirit base.

She knew Wang Tong Shibo‘s personality. He was not a person that would constantly talk to his apprentice about kindness and morals. However, all three apprentices from Moon Perching Peak were outstanding, so much so that even her master was jealous.

Glancing at Wang Tong Shibo who stood at the front with two fish, one chicken and one duck in his hands, Ling Hui couldn’t help but smile. The people of the city had given him this, and would not accept Wang Tong Shibo‘s refusals. Shibo‘s clothing had almost been torn off.

“Quack, quack!”

The fat duck being held upside down gave a discontented quack. Wang Tong shook it hard until it fainted.

Kong Hou looked at the fat duck. Should it be made into soup or be braised?

Wang Tong took the Mind Manifestation cultivator to the sect master. Sect Master Heng Yan saw the disheveled Mind Manifestation cultivator, and then asked Kong Hou and Ling Hui who stood behind Wang Tong, “What happened?”

Ling Hui narrated the events.

“Yes.” Heng Yan nodded and looked with gentleness at the Mind Manifestation cultivator. “This path friend, our Harmonious City puts peace first. Your conduct has troubled all of Splendid Cloud Sect.”

The Mind Manifestation cultivator saw the sect master had a gentle expression and talked to him with a smile and felt some hope. “Sect Master Heng Yan, I was not right to do what I did today. Let me down the mountain, and I will make it up to those people.”

“It is good to learn from your mistakes and change. I’m comforted you have such awareness.” The smile on Heng Yan’s face grew. He turned and said to his apprentice behind him, “Wu Chuan, go get clean clothing for this path friend.”

The Mind Manifestation cultivator was overjoyed. It seemed this Heng Yan was going to let him go.

“Path Friend, do not worry. The jail cell I have arranged for you is extremely clean, the light is not strong, and it is peaceful. Nothing will affect your meditation or rest.” Heng Yan took a sip of tea. “I remember there is no one in the fourth cell right now. Please, Path Friend, bear with this for a few days. When your older brother comes, I will release you.”