Chapter 158: Extra - Happiness

No matter the place, geniuses easily got more attention.

Yan Shou had been an ordinary but sickly child who could die at any moment until his sixth year when he was discovered by a transcendent passing by. The transcendent took him to a magical place, and he learned there was something called “cultivation” in the world.

When the other senior disciples heard of his origins, they shook their heads and sighed. “So, you are from the mortal world. Back then, that one came from the mortal world too.”

Mortal world? That one?

The young Yan Shou did not understand, but because he had good talent, the senior disciples worried his young mind would be swayed by the spectacular world outside so they did not frequently talk of outside matters to him.

He only knew his sect was called Primary Luck Sect and was the sect ranked eleventh in the cultivation world. As he was the only pentad spirit base disciple of Primary Luck Sect, the sect eldest shixiong took great care of him. Some of his fellow disciples were critical of him, and disdainful of the mortal world in their tones.

“You cannot speak nonsense!” the sect eldest shixiong said with a stern expression. “So what if one comes from the mortal world? Some of our Lingyou World’s powerful people also come from the mortal world. If your words reach the ears of Splendid Cloud Sect, would it not cause trouble?”

The disciples who had been gossiping changed expression. Yan Shou saw they seemed to be frightened and said, “Sect Shixiong, is Splendid Cloud Sect very powerful?”
“Splendid Cloud Sect is ranked eighth among the top ten sects, and is very powerful.” The sect eldest shixiong, Zhou Xiao, smiled at him gently. “Do not mind the words of these people. I will take you back to the cave residence.”

“Ranked eighth?” Yan Shou thought. “Our sect is ranked eleventh—we are not very far from them.”

Why did the other disciples look as though they were very afraid of Splendid Cloud Sect?

“You do not understand.” Zhou Xiao sighed and patted his shoulder. “You will know when you grow up.”

Yan Shou stopped asking when the sect eldest shixiong said this. He suppressed his curiosity and spent twelve years to grow from an ignorant child into a Base Building cultivator.

He heard a shijie once say that many cultivators could not reach Base Building before they died. The cultivators that managed to reach Base Building in fifty years were the best of the cultivation world, so he was very satisfied with reaching Base Building in twelve years.

The year he turned twenty-five, his cultivation reached the top of Base Building Stage. He only lacked an opportunity to become a Mind Activation cultivator. His quick cultivation speed caused him to become his master’s most valued apprentice, and even the sect eldest shixiong would have to stand aside slightly. No one in the sect dared to laugh at his birth again.

Master said the cultivation world had a discussion conference and wanted him to go to get experience.

Yan Shou had joined Primary Luck Sect when he was six and had never left the city until now. He immediately agreed when he heard Master say he would be taken along.

“Perform well at the discussion conference and do not leave face for the other sects. Use your full power, understood?” Master patted his shoulder with a stern expression. “Especially with Splendid Cloud Sect disciples. If you encounter them, do not be polite; do whatever you need to do!”

Yan Shou: “…”

From Master’s tone, it appeared their sect was not on good terms with Splendid Cloud Sect?