Chapter 106: Shame

“If you have other arrangements, just pretend I didn’t…”

“All right.” Huan Zhong looked at her. “Even if it is one year, two years, all right.”
Kong Hou stilled. A moment later, she reached up to cover her face. When Huan Zhong looked at her like this, she would feel as though she was his entire world.

“No need for so long.” Kong Hou told him how Master wanted her to stay on the mountain to cultivate, and how she felt they would accomplish more if they were cultivating together.

“This is good,” Huan Zhong said. “I am a boring and lonely person. Without your company, all places are the same.”

“How can you think that?” Kong Hou disagreed. “You are good all over.”

Huan Zhong wanted to say something but stopped. Then, he said, “With you accompanying me in universal paired cultivation, my spirit platform will recover faster.”

“Then will you recover completely without those medicines?” Kong Hou’s eyes lit up. She turned and walked backwards, saying to Huan Zhong. “They all say you are a rare genius. If your spirit platform recovers completely, will you go through Mind Dividing Stage to reach Transcendental Stage?”

“Silly girl, it is not so easy.” Huan Zhong laughed. Seeing her occupied with speaking to him and unaware she was about to hit a tree, he reached to grab her arm and pulled her towards him. “Careful.”

“Ah?” Kong Hou turned and saw a tree trunk. She stood docilely and didn’t dare to walk backwards again.
Some disciples of other sects on the neighbouring path saw this scene, and silently took a few steps back, pretending not to have seen anything. No wonder Radiance Sect liked to randomly send things to Splendid Cloud Sect. It was because their disciples were in love.

If they had known something like this was occurring, they wouldn’t have walked in this direction, so as to avoid any awkwardness.

With these two people together, they didn’t know whether to praise Celestial Kong Hou for her greatness or Spirit Master Huan Zhong for his. No one in three generations of Splendid Cloud Sect had married—but Spirit Master Huan Zhong was able to get a female disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect to fall in love with him. What skill was this?

The sword cultivators of Radiance Sect wouldn’t easily fall in love. Their greatest love was their sword—but Celestial Kong Hou could make him forget his sword and focus completely on her. What skill was this?

A few days after these disciples left, rumors that Spirit Master Huan Zhong and Celestial Kong Hou were in a relationship spread. Many people knew the rumor, and only the two concerned and Splendid Cloud Sect didn’t know.

It seemed that everyone knew the principle that gossip should not reach the people concerned and concealed their own thoughts well.

##

A few days after the ceremony, the guests from the various sects made their farewells. Splendid Cloud Sect knew they could not keep the guests and set up a farewell banquet. Almost all the guests from the sects came. It could be seen that the banquets of Splendid Cloud Sect were very attractive to everyone.

After the meal, Heng Yan said, “Everyone has come a long way, and this one has nothing good to give in return. We coincidentally obtained a lost sword method recently. This lowly sect and Radiance Sect have inspected it and confirmed these is nothing wrong with this sword method. We have printed it. If everyone does not mind, take a copy with you.”

At his words, a disciple came out with a thick pile of books. Wu Chuan gifted the representative of each sect with a copy.

“Sword of Heaven and Earth?” Ling Yue received the book. Looking at the four words on the cover, she almost didn’t believe her eyes. Even so, she couldn’t bear to blink and slowly opened the book.