Chapter 126: Obsession

Huan Zhong talked in a low volume, but most of those seated had a high cultivation. How could they not hear what he said? Those that had more complicated minds couldn’t help but look at Jin Yue. There shouldn’t be any evil cultivators who dared to pretend to be Spirit Master Zhong Xi under Jin Yue’s eyes?

But if this really was Spirit Master Zhong Xi, why would he say such… frivolous words?

The ones to be pitied were the disciples of Radiance Sect. They had unrivalled awe of Zhong Xi Shishu, and this time, they were finally able to sit together at a banquet. However, Shishu did not sit with them, and followed Celestial Kong Hou.

The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect had the most relaxed expressions of all present. Seeing Kong Hou and Huan Zhong walk over, they stood up and moved to free up a seat as though they had done this thousands of times before, so familiar they did not have to speak.

[Kong Hou Shimei really has earned face for us this time. I see that Clear Dawn Sect’s eyes are popping out of their heads.]

[Be calm, do not show surprise.]

[Shijie, do not worry. We will not act like fools!]

[While the conference has not started yet, I feel we have attracted enough attention…]
Gui Ling and Li Rou sat in the corner. As juniors, they did not know their shishu were all talking mentally. He saw Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Kong Hou Shishu sit down in the center, looked at the curious or shocked gazes in the surroundings, and bent down to drink tea.

His disciple having run away with a woman, Jin Yue was not angry, and even smiled brightly. The other people felt even more strange. Was Radiance Sect planning to form a marriage alliance with Splendid Cloud Sect? While Splendid Cloud Sect was not as strong as Radiance Sect, Celestial Kong Hou was outstanding in talent. She was a good match for Spirit Master Zhong Xi.

Everyone had countless thoughts in their minds, but at an occasion like this, they could not discuss matters of emotion. When the banquet started, they started to discuss the evil cultivators.

On the way to Radiance Sect, many sects were ambushed. This meant the evil cultivators were restless and the peace between the cultivation world and the evil cultivator world would not last for long. While no one from the cultivation world had ascended in the last thousand years, and they were not as strong as in the past, there were still some great powers that could provide support.

“The evil cultivator world is ferocious. Are the spirit masters who have retreated from the world willing to come out?” The most powerful person in the cultivation world was the nomad cultivator who had failed in his ordeal. There were many rumors about this person. Some said that he felt regret for the death of his partner, so he destroyed his own meridians and went to reincarnate.

Others said he had fallen long ago, which was why he had not appeared for so many years.

No one knew the truth, but at such a difficult time, they all hoped this great power was still alive.

The lord of the evil cultivators had slept for many years. No one in the cultivation world knew how strong he was after suddenly waking up. If the two were having an open fight, they would not be so worried. They feared the evil cultivators would use dirty tactics and attack normal people. No matter how many cultivators the cultivation world had, they could not always keep watch.

“The evil cultivators have endless schemes. Before we completely force away the evil cultivators, I will trouble Path Friends to be on your guard. We are cultivators and we cannot watch as ordinary people die at the hands of evil cultivators. While we pursue immortality, we cannot forget our morals.” Jin Yue raised his winecup. The cup was not filled with wine, but spirit liquid. “Everyone, please.”