Chapter 117: Many Years

Wu Chuan’s gaze moved between the pair. He asked in a lowered voice, “When did you two get together?”

“A few days ago,” Kong Hou said honestly. “The time you saw.”

“Wu Chuan: “…”

“Does Wang Tong Shishu know?” Thinking how importantly all of Moon Perching Peak thought of Kong Hou Shimei, if Wang Tong Shishu knew that she and Spirit Master Zhong Xi were in love, he feared… there would be a fight.

If Wang Tong Shishu discovered the matter of the dragon phoenix cauldron, the matter would be even more complicated. A stern expression on his face, many thoughts flashed through Wu Chuan’s mind. He turned to look at Spirit Master Zhong Xi and said seriously, “Spirit Master Zhong Xi, our Kong Hou is young. If she is not sufficient in some aspect, please have tolerance.”

Zhong Xi bowed back to him.

The two of them were in their honeymoon phase. They could swear all kinds of oaths. Wu Chuan did not want to hear the other say a promise he could not guarantee. He stood and said, “Rest early, and be more restrained in front of other disciples.”

Everyone was used to being single. If they saw some people attached together, wouldn’t they also become restless?
“Eldest Shixiong Wu Chuan, do not worry. I will consider the wider picture.” Kong Hou smiled and waved her hands. “Go back and sleep.”

She disliked him staying here and stopping her from admiring beauty?

Wu Chuan poked at her forehead and said, “All right, you two continue saying sweet things. I am going to meditate.”

Kong Hou laughed and burrowed into Huan Zhong’s arms. Huan Zhong hurriedly caught her. “Careful.”

“The stars seem exceptionally beautiful when seen from the flying palace.” Kong Hou looked up at the sky. The flying palace was moving rapidly, but the moon and stars were still high up, as though they constantly followed.

“None of the beauty in the world can compare to you.” Huan Zhong looked down, his eyes full of feeling and warmth.

Kong Hou reached to pinch his cheek. “Be honest—did you secretly read those romance novels?”

“No.” Huan Zhong’s eyes moved toward the side.

“Really?” Kong Hou put her ear to his chest. A heart was beating rapidly inside his chest. She lifted her head and shook it, her eyes half-lidded. “All right, if you say so.”

Huan Zhong’s face flushed. “Last night… I read a few.”

What did a few mean? Why did this descriptor sound so strange?

“So how many is a few?” Kong Hou laughed out loud.

“Just three or four… five or six.” Huan Zhong’s voice decreased in volume.

“Did you sleep last night?” Did he have time to rest after reading so many books? She took the opportunity to touch Huan Zhong’s face. “While us cultivators do not need to eat and sleep every day, sleeping early and rising early is a good habit. Do not do this next time.”

She reached a hand to Huan Zhong. “Give me.”

“What?” Huan Zhong’s hands froze as he held Kong Hou.

“The storybooks.” Kong Hou curled her fingers.

“Some of them were not good. I threw them out.” Huan Zhong took out two books and put them in Kong Hou’s hands. Both were new books, as though they had been bought recently. It appeared Huan Zhong had sneaked down the mountain to buy books when she wasn’t paying attention?