Chapter 50: Visit

The wind blew past the leaves of the trees, making them rustle.

Kong Hou shoved the energy condensing pill into Huan Zhong’s mouth and sighed. “Huan Zhong, I hope you can understand that helping friends is natural. When you encounter trouble or something happens to your health, it is not difficult to ask for help from your friends.

“So go back and reflect on what you did incorrectly today. I am unilaterally announcing I will ignore you for twenty hours.” Kong Hou released her grip on Huan Zhong’s robe, turned and saw Lin Hu. “Elder Lin, are you going to cook? I will help you.”

Lin Hu: “…”

Why did he appear here?

Seeing Master silently hanging his head down, Lin Hu slowly said, “Miss Kong Hou, the fish have an odor, and there will be oil when the cooking starts.” So she should not follow him.

“No matter, just the smell of oil.” Kong Hou walked next to him and took away the vegetables he held in his other hand.

“Smoke and oil will cause a woman’s skin to turn sallow.” Lin Hu stared at Kong Hou who had a determined expression and spoke slowly.

“No… no problem, I have protective cream.” The basket Kong Hou held swayed slightly. She quickly became determined again. “Let’s go to the kitchen.”

Lin Hu turned and looked at Master who was standing in the corridor. It appeared Miss Kong Hou had great determination to ignore Master today. He was only a subordinate, and felt torn between the two of them. A man more than three hundred years old did not know to say good things to make a girl happy when she was unhappy.

Entering the kitchen, Lin Hu quickly showed off his knife skills, descaling and gutting the fish. He cut the flesh into pieces of similar sizes and thickness. He put in spices, washed the pot, and started the fire. Lin Hu did everything methodically. Kong Hou sat on the side on a small bench and felt that Lin Hu was great in this moment.

“Can Miss Kong Hou eat spicy food?” Lin Hu grabbed a handful of chili peppers.

“Yes.” After Kong Hou spoke, she saw Lin Hu put a large handful of chili peppers into the boiling oil. She hurriedly said, “Huan Zhong seems unable to tolerate spiciness. Can he eat if you put so much?”

Lin Hu slowly stirred the oil with a large ladle. Soon, a strong smell of chili oil spread. He said calmly, “Master has made Miss angry—why do you care if he can eat or not?”

“I am angry, but I will not slight him on food. I am a woman of principles.” Kong Hou coughed due to the chili oil fragrance. She stood and searched through Lin Hu’s pile of vegetables and meat. “Let me see if there is anything suitable to make for Huan Zhong to eat.”

Lin Hu watched the young girl crouching on the ground and picking out vegetables that were easy on the stomach, a smile appearing on his lips. He poured out a bit of the chili oil and then put the fish pieces into the pot.

With a competent Lin Hu present, the dishes were quickly finished. Spicy and oily fish pieces, fragrant fish head and fish bone soup, and several smaller dishes. Kong Hou helped Lin Hu carry the dishes to the table. Seeing Huan Zhong come in, she ignored him. She pushed the fish head and bone soup in front of him, and then started on the spicy fish pieces with a bowl of rice.

“Kong Hou…” Seeing a steaming bowl of fish head soup in front of him, Huan Zhong did not understand what Kong Hou meant. Lin Hu went out to buy fish, and only fish head and fish bone was left for him?

Kong Hou had said she would ignore him, so she did not say a word. She ate half of the bowl of spicy fish pieces. She wiped her mouth after eating and then left without looking at Huan Zhong. The pride and principles of a woman would not bow under the beauty and hurt of a man.