Chapter 113: All Not As Good

Kong Hou quickly looked at Wang Tong and saw that while his expression was normal, his eyes were full of worry.

Noticing Kong Hou’s small movement, Huan Zhong looked along her line of sight, and saw Wang Tong in the distance. He looked down at his hand which was grasping Kong Hou’s hand and reluctantly released it. “Go over.”

Kong Hou’s cultivation speed was very fast, just like his in the past. He still remembered in the past, when seclusion ended, fellow disciples would have expressions of admiration or envy. Back then, Master told him it was normal for people to admire other people’s good traits and feel inferior in their own shortcomings. If one could control their mind well enough, they would be released or succeed.

But in the eyes of these Splendid Cloud Sect apprentices, Huan Zhong only saw joy or excitement, as though the higher Kong Hou’s cultivation was, the better it was for them.

“Spirit Master Zhong Xi.” Wu Chuan went forward and bowed. “You have worked hard recently. Please follow this one and have a drink of tea.”

After half a year, Spirit Master Zhong Xi’s presence was even more true to the origin. With his cultivation, he could not see that the other was a cultivator at all. So young and already in Mind Dividing Stage. A shocking thing. No wonder everyone in the cultivation world thought of him as the hope of ascension in this thousand years.

Wu Chuan looked up at the sky. The heavens were temperamental. Why was Lingyou World punished that no one had ascended for so many years?

“Thank you.” Huan Zhong looked back at Kong Hou and whispered to her, “I will first go to Path Friend Wu Chuan’s place.”
Kong Hou felt slightly embarrassed at Wang Tong guessing her thoughts. Hearing Huan Zhong say this, she bowed to Wu Chuan and said to Huan Zhong, “All right. I have not seen my master and fellow disciples for many days. We have things to talk about. Go drink tea with Wu Chuan Shixiong first.”

Wu Chuan’s gaze moved between the two of them. His expression did not change. “Please.”

Heng Yan and Wu Chuan left with Huan Zhong. Wang Tong could no longer maintain his expression and waved a hand at Kong Hou. “Come, come, come; return with me.”

The apprentices of other peaks saw Wang Tong’s expression wasn’t right. Thinking how Kong Hou had come out hand in hand with Spirit Master Zhong Xi, they felt that there was something wrong. They shoved their gifts to Kong Hou and ran. They would not stay and be present when someone was going to lecture their apprentice.

After everyone else ran away, Wang Tong looked at Kong Hou with a serious expression. “What is going on with you and Spirit Master Zhong Xi?

“Master, this apprentice was just enchanted by lust…” Kong Hou said in a quiet voice. “Master, please do not be angry.”

“Do you not know Spirit Master Zhong Xi’s status in the cultivation world?” Wang Tong took a deep breath. “If you draw him into a love ordeal and damage his mental state, no one in Radiance Sect will forgive you.”

Kong Hou whispered, “But didn’t you say that Nine Phoenix Sect once had intentions of having their disciple and Zhong Xi join together?”

“Did you see Radiance Sect agree?” Wang Tong lowered his voice and said gravely, “Do you know that Nine Phoenix Sect even took out phoenix blood in hopes that Radiance Sect would agree?”

Phoenix blood was a treasure from the ancient times. It was extremely valuable. But Radiance Sect did not hesitate in their refusal. The great hopes that Radiance Sect had of Huan Zhong could be seen. They would not let him be slighted even for valuable ancient treasures.