Chapter 30: Minor Problem

They looked at the person Lin Hu was restraining with a spell. They felt puzzled. In their memory, this person did not like to speak. After Celestial Ling Bo had injured the cultivator making a fuss, this man had turned pale in fright. This slightly cowardly man was the culprit who had dug out the victim’s heart with his bare hands?

Was this a mistake?

Everyone had this thought, but in front of Kong Hou, they could not say this. They had to give Splendid Cloud Sect face. Also, this Celestial Kong Hou was good-looking, and when she smiled, people did not bear to say a stern word to her. The male cultivators present did not want Kong Hou to lose face. The female cultivators had the attitude that one less matter is better than one more. They only watched but didn’t speak.

“What-what do you mean?” The grey-robed man fell on the ground. He was not angry nor did he complain. He looked in fear and helplessness at Kong Hou. He waved his hands, stammering out, “Celestial, you misunderstand. How would I dare do such evil things to a servant girl of Clear Dawn Sect?”

Cowardly, of ordinary appearance. From any angle, this didn’t seem like a man who would do such a major crime.

“When beauties use such a pitiful expression, it is moving. When you use it, you cannot bewitch me.” Kong Hou ignored the puzzled gazes on her, and made a circle around the grey-robed man. “Your disguise was very good. If I hadn’t been secretly observing you all this time, I would have believed you were innocent.” After Huan Zhong said the grey-robed man was the most suspicious, Kong Hou had been sneakily observing this man. Through careful observation, she found that Huan Zhong’s suspicion was not wrong. This grey-robed man was most likely the culprit.

When Ling Bo and the cultivators present became even more strained, this man’s eyes were smug, disdainful, and even his hands trembled when holding his teacup. He, the culprit, was laughing at people for being idiots. He was proud at having fooled everyone.

When the sect eldest disciple of Clear Dawn Sect, Chang De, appeared, his expression grew more concealed. When this “docile” man saw Chang De easily resolve the conflict between Clear Dawn Sect and the other sects with some words, this man showed discontent and fury. However, he hid these emotions well and almost no one discovered them.

But just almost—he had not managed to hide from Kong Hou who had been observing him. When Chang De said that the cultivators proven innocent could leave, Kong Hou noticed the expression of the grey-robed man when crossing the door sill—it had been pride.

A pride at having done a crime under everyone’s eyes and being able to leave freely.

Kong Hou said everything she had observed. The grey-robed man said, “What smug gaze, Celestial? Why do you accuse me falsely? ”

“Yes, we have no enmity between us—why would I accuse you falsely?” Kong Hou asked in response. “Unless you are the culprit, there are no other possibilities.”

“Celestial Kong Hou is an apprentice of Splendid Cloud Sect; she will not accuse you falsely,” a female cultivator said. “I also feel this person is suspicious. From yesterday night to today, he stayed in the corner and did not speak. Who knows if he felt guilty and didn’t dare to talk.”

The large man next to her nodded. “Path Friend is right. This person stayed in a downstair room closest to the outside. If he left his room during the night, no one would have detected it.”

Everyone started to talk, each sentence bringing more evidence. If the culprit wasn’t the grey-robed man, was it them? Especially those cultivators who could not leave because they could not prove their innocence—they responded the most fiercely, wanting to press the grey-robed man to the ground and beat him until he admitted he was the culprit.