Chapter 82: Deranged

“Huan Zhong.” Kong Hou had not thought that she and Huan Zhong were only separated by a courtyard. She picked up her dress and ran over. Halfway, she stopped and took a few close looks. After confirming that this was the real Huan Zhong, she continued running towards him.

As she stepped onto the stairs, before Kong Hou could speak, Huan Zhong had already reached out and, softly but firmly, gripped her sleeve.

“I am uncomfortable.” He stared pitifully at Kong Hou.

“What, what is it?” Kong Hou held his arm. “Are you feeling ill?”

Huan Zhong slowly shook his head. He looked down at the worry and panic in Kong Hou’s eyes and smiled slightly.

“Uncomfortable and still smiling…” Kong Hou searched around her storage ring and put an energy condensing pill to Huan Zhong’s mouth. “Eat this first.”

Holding the pill in his mouth, Huan Zhong’s voice was hoarse. “Thank you.”

“You are welcome.” She looked around and asked loudly, “Secret realm spirit, are you still here? Can we leave?”
No one responded.

Kong Hou increased her volume. “Secret realm…”

“Stop calling.” The black-robed secret realm spirit appeared. Wearing the white mask, he never showed any expression. “One should not be loud in public spaces.”

“But there are only three people here,” Kong Hou said. “This is not a public space. Huan Zhong, you do not mind me shouting—right, Huan Zhong?”

Huan Zhong nodded. The Dragon Roar Sword appeared in his hand.

The secret realm spirit took a step back and said coldly, “With your strength of mind and abilities, there is no use in staying in my secret realm.” He waved a hand. Many jade tokens appeared in front of Kong Hou and Huan Zhong. These tokens all had similar shapes and no differences.

“These jade tokens are the keys to many treasure chests. You can pick one.” The secret realm spirit looked at Huan Zhong. “Do not come again in five centuries.”

Kong Hou picked a jade token randomly and complained, “We can be considered friends. You are so ruthless.”

“I am a secret realm; I do not need emotions.” The secret realm spirit did not want to talk to Kong Hou. “If you have picked, then leave.”

“Wait!” Kong Hou saw the secret realm spirit preparing to disappear again and called him. “I do not need the treasure chest. Can you help me?”

The secret realm spirit turned to look at her.

Kong Hou put her hands together and looked pleadingly at him. “You are a secret realm left behind by an immortal. You are stronger than other secret realms. You must be very kind. Help me.”

“Flattery tactics are useless against us. Secret realms do not have emotions.” The secret realm spirit had a cold tone. “What do you want my help with?”

“I want to know where some medicines are grown. Please tell me.” Kong Hou bowed to the secret realm spirit. The secret realm spirit had the mental thought left by an immortal. He must know something that only immortals knew.

“Medicine?” The secret realm spirit glanced at Kong Hou. This human female was healthy and had no hidden vulnerabilities. Her bones and mind were all good, and she had fate with immortality. The man beside her had outstanding talent and some immortal karma, but there were problems with his spirit platform. If he was not careful, his cultivation would stop here.

“Yes, these medicines—do you know where they are located?” Kong Hou handed the recipe to the secret realm spirit.

The secret realm spirit took it to read. This was a medicine recipe from several millennia ago used for cultivators who had unstable minds and cracked spirit platforms. But because the ingredients were too expensive, if a cultivator’s spirit platform was destroyed, they could only wait for the day their longevity ran out.