Chapter 54: Salted Fish

The other reacted so strongly. Kong Hou looked at the burning gaze of the purple-clothed female cultivator and the joy of the four people behind her who seemed to have found the hope of their lives. She took a step back. Huan Zhong took a step forward and put Kong Hou behind him. “What matter do you have?”

“Celestial Kong Hou, we are disciples of Auspicious Pavilion. We forgot our manners in our joy at meeting Celestial Kong Hou—please, Celestial, forgive us.” After their joy, Ge Jin realized her reaction just now had been too intense and hurriedly explained. “Because us disciples recently encountered a troublesome matter, we have nowhere to ask for help…”

“Shijie means that we are too happy to encounter Celestial.” Hong Ling ran next to Ge Jin and pulled her sleeve before bowing to Kong Hou. She said, “Greetings to Transcendent and Celestial.” Shijie was just too truthful. Even if she was happy at finding help, she should not say it directly. If Celestial Kong Hou heard this and then left, they might lose their lives.

Kong Hou looked at the red-clothed female cultivator who gave her explanation with an ingratiating smile. It was difficult to pretend she did not see their intentions. She said directly, “What trouble did you encounter?”

“No, no.” Hong Ling waved her hand and said, “We are just too happy at meeting Celestial.”

“If that is the case, then I will not worry,” Kong Hou said with a smile. “Farewell.” She pulled Huan Zhong along. “Huan Zhong, let’s go.”

Seeing Kong Hou really planning to leave, Hong Ling panicked. “Please, Celestial, forgive me. I misspoke. Actually, I do have a minor matter to trouble you with.”

“Minor matter?”

“Umm… a neither big nor small matter.” Hong Ling’s voice was as weak as a mosquito’s buzz.

“Very urgent?” Kong Hou looked at the sky’s color.

“Not very urgent.” Hong Ling thought. They had not divined when the event would occur and how it would occur. It was hard for them to say if it was urgent or not.

“If it is not urgent, please come to our courtyard to rest. I will discuss with you in the evening.” Kong Hou turned and said to Huan Zhong, “Huan Zhong, let’s see them back to the courtyard first and then go shopping?”

Huan Zhong nodded.

“No need,” Lin Hu said. “Miss Kong Hou, I have matters to return to, and I can walk with them. You do not need to return too early in the evening. I hear that there will be a beautiful lantern festival in the evening. Master and Miss can see the lanterns.”

Finishing, he did not wait for Kong Hou to refuse. Lin Hu turned and said to the disciples of Auspicious Pavilion, “Path Friends, come with me.”

Ge Jin touched the divination bones in her sleeve and said to Lin Hu with a nod, “Thank you, Path Friend.” This cultivator had strong features, a wide forehead and clear eyes. She could see he was righteous. Most importantly, he had an extraordinary aura and great cultivation. Going with him would be less dangerous.

Seeing the disciples of Auspicious Pavilion heading for the courtyard with Lin Hu, Kong Hou said to Huan Zhong, “Let’s go.”

People moved around the streets, the men, women, old and young brushing past each other, ordinary people and cultivators mixed together. Many stalls sold snacks at the sides of the streets and were surrounded by customers. Smelling the oil fragrance coming from the surroundings, Kong Hou said to Huan Zhong, “Huan Zhong, what is different about the paths of sword cultivators and energy cultivators like me?”

“There multitude of paths with their specific differences. However, no path can be separated from the world.” The loud street was silent to Huan Zhong. He could only hear and see the young girl beside him. “The path is born from the heart—you just have to follow the heart. You are young, and listening to the paths of other people too much is not good for you. One’s path will not form in a day. What other people say may not be suited to you.”