Chapter 21: Phoenix Head Kong Hou

The next morning, when Wu Chuan came to Moon Perching Peak to take Kong Hou to the Treasure Hall, he found that Kong Hou had dressed up. She had put on a beautiful dress, and even put her hair up into a flying immortal style. Wang Tong Shishu and the two apprentices of Moon Perching Peak were also present.

After exchanging bows, Wu Chuan looked at Kong Hou’s new shoes. “Shimei…”

“Shixiong said that many of the talismans in Treasure Hall are intelligent. Since they are intelligent, they will have thoughts, and they will have a sense of beauty. If I make myself beautiful, maybe the talismans will like me more.” Kong Hou felt that her thinking was somewhat logical. If she went to Treasure Hall and no talisman was suited for her, then it would be embarrassing.

Hearing this, Wu Chuan looked at Wang Tong and his apprentices. How did these three people usually teach Shimei?

Wang Tong had a thick face and pretended not to see Wu Chuan’s gaze. “Good apprentice, do not worry. You will definitely get an appropriate lifebond talisman.”

“Shishu, I will be taking Shimei now.” Wu Chuan chose silence. He could not afford to offend Wang Tong Shishu. The last person to offend Wang Tong Shishu had been Qing Yuan Shishu. Even now, Qing Yuan Shishu would be so angered by Wang Tong Shishu he would jump around.

“Go.” Wang Tong put his hands behind his back. “Cheng Yi, Tan Feng, you will accompany Kong Hou.”

“Yes, Master.”

Kong Hou looked at her two shixiong and felt she wasn’t so nervous any longer.

Treasure Hall was one of the most important buildings in Splendid Cloud Sect. The three elders of the sect all lived near. If a criminal sneaked into the large formation around Treasure Hall, they would alert the three elders.

When a Base Building disciple went into the hall to choose their lifebond talisman, all three elders would appear. This was Kong Hou’s first time meeting the three elders together.

The elder who had not appeared in the recent years was a female cultivator with Mind Dividing cultivation. While her hair was already silvery white, her appearance had not aged, and Kong Hou couldn’t help but look longer at her beauty.

“Greetings to Elder Gu Yu, Elder Shu Jiu, and Elder Qiu Shuang,” Wu Chuan bowed to the three elders. “This junior is taking the apprentice of Moon Perching Peak, Kong Hou Shimei, here to request a talisman.”

“No need for such courtesy.” Elder Gu Yu looked at Kong Hou behind Wu Chuan and nodded. He said to Kong Hou, “After entering the Treasure Hall, you are choosing the talisman, and the talisman is also choosing you. Everything depends on karma—you cannot force it.”

“There are millions of talismans inside, and all of different quality. But regardless of their strength, if you choose, you cannot regret it. From then on, it will be half of you, your most faithful partner. If you reject your own talisman, you reject your own path.” Qiu Shuang took over speaking. “Remember, only the one most complementary to you is the best.”

“This junior will remember. Thank you, Elders, for your reminders.” Kong Hou bowed respectfully to the elders.

“It’s good if you remember.” Qiu Shuang swept her sleeve. The doors to the Treasure Hall opened and revealed darkness. Elder Qiu Shuang smiled at Kong Hou. “Go in, don’t be afraid.”

“Thank you, Elder.”

Kong Hou turned back to look at the three shixiong and then slowly walked through the doors of the Treasure Hall. She stepped over the tall door sill. When she looked back again, she could not see the door. But she quickly had no attention to spare because there were too many talismans in here. So many talismans in a variety of shapes that dazzled her eyes.