Chapter 33: Forest

“It’s not very like me.” Huan Zhong answered confidently after examining it for a while.

“The eyes.” Kong Hou pointed at the eyes of the roly-poly. “This place here flicks upwards just like your eyes.”

Huan Zhong: “…”

“All right, if you say so.” Kong Hou saw that Huan Zhong was unwilling to accept the truth and put down the roly-poly. “I’m going to change; do not come up here.” Finishing, she closed the door and window, and added a boundary.

“Cough.” Huan Zhong coughed and uneasily turned around. Seeing Lin Hu crouched over the ground and sweeping snow, he asked, “Lin Hu, what are you doing?”

“Master, I want to see if there are any more spirit grasses here,” Lin Hu replied with a stiff face, his hands moving as he dug a deep hole in a flash.

Huan Zhong shook his head. “Don’t dig; there will not be so many spirit grasses growing in the same place.”

Lin Hu said seriously, “Master, even if there is only one thread of hope, I do not want to give up.”

Huan Zhong stilled slightly. A moment later, he sighed. “The snow is heavy. Sleep inside the carriage tonight, and do not meditate outside the carriage.”

“Huan Zhong, the treehouse is large. Later, I will sleep in the inside room and you will sleep in the outside room.” Having changed, Kong Hou opened the window. “There’s a door in between; it will be fine.”

Huan Zhong was so good-looking, she would not be the one taken advantage of in any case.

The treehouse was refined, with a door, windows, food, toys, and furniture. Jade bells hung down the eaves and would chime musically when the wind blew. This fulfilled Kong Hou’s every fantasy about a treehouse.

It was so beautiful it was like a dream. Kong Hou felt extremely happy, as though her heart would fly out of her chest. Leaning against the window, she smiled at Huan Zhong down by the tree. “Thank you.”

“I’ve not touched anything inside; you can use it.” Huan Zhong jumped and softly sat down on the tree trunk next to the treehouse. He leaned against the tree trunk. Snowflakes passed between the leafless branches and fell on his head.

He coughed gently. He took out a small medicine bottle from his storage ring and swallowed the entire bottle. Turning his head, he saw Kong Hou looking at him with wide eyes. He put away the medicine bottle. “What is it?”

Kong Hou shook her head. Extending her hand, she opened a folded umbrella. She flicked her fingers, and the paper umbrella flew above Huan Zhong to shelter him from the cold snow. “The snow will be cold when it melts.” He ate so much medicine every day and could not easily use spirit energy. This kind of life would be very painful.

The paper umbrella blocked the wind and snow. Huan Zhong reached out to grip the umbrella handle and felt the cool sensation on his palm. “Thank you.”

The jade bells chimed. Kong Hou looked unblinkingly at the side of Huan Zhong’s face. She had never known that a man could be so good-looking when gripping an umbrella. Such a good-looking man was the gift of the heavens to the world, to give everyone enjoyment.

Suddenly, Huan Zhong folded up the umbrella and looked into the sky.

“What is it?” Kong Hou saw Huan Zhong do this and looked into the sky. Other than the snowflakes illuminated by the candle light of the treehouse, she did not see anything else.

“Cultivators are coming.” Huan Zhong flew to the door of the treehouse, lifted his robes and sat down cross-legged. He said without turning his head, “The treehouse has defensive formations. If cultivators enter the forest later, do not come out.”