Chapter 38: To Ask For Guidance

The bone-eating beast swarm gave off shrieks like ghouls from hell. The female cultivator of Cool Breeze Sect felt that she and the young girl in front of her were two pieces of meat. The next moment, the bone-eating beasts would consume them completely.

She looked back at her shixiong who was completely soaked in blood. She gathered her disheveled hair, looked up at the bone-eating beasts coming close and gripped the sword in her hand. She had cultivated for almost two hundred years, yet she had never expected to die like this.

She once heard of a legend that if one’s remains were close to the sky, their soul would fly up and be protected by the gods. Would this kind of death be considered close to the sky? She looked towards the clouds. The wings of the bone-eating beasts were large and strong. They could probably fly very high? When she thought this, she felt some comfort at her immediate and horrific death.

Kong Hou had no attention to spare for the female cultivator’s thoughts. This was the first time she fought an evil cultivator since she started travelling. The moment she saw the bone-eating beasts swarming towards her, she thought of what she could do to defeat them.

Sound attack.

The moment the phoenix head hairpin landed in her hand, it gave off blinding crimson gold light. A magnificent Phoenix Head Kong Hou appeared in the light. The phoenix head gave off a cry. The bone-eating beasts diving down seemed to fear this phoenix cry. They restlessly circled in the air and did not dare to go down.

The cultivator with the goatee did not care about this. He took out a black whistle from his sleeve and blew it. The bone-eating beasts circling restlessly hissed as they dove again.

Kong Hou was waiting for this moment. She turned and said to the female cultivator, “Seal your hearing!”

Her spirit energy gathered on the fingers of her right hand. The moment her fingers touched the strings of Phoenix Head, beautiful sound mixed with offensive power flew outward. The bone-eating beast at the very front split into pieces, the noxious odor of blood spreading through the air.

Yet Kong Hou did not stop. She plucked Phoenix Head’s strings even faster, the urgent music spreading everywhere.

The female cultivator of Cool Breeze Sect looked dazedly at the Phoenix Head Kong Hou floating magnificently in the air. Many black feathers fell down the sky like a grand rain. Yet she knew this was not a fantastic performance but a moment of life and death.

The bone-eating beasts who had been so rampant a moment ago fell from the sky, not one of them alive. Fortunately, the young girl in front of her had created a boundary so that the blood and corpses of the bone-eating beasts did not fall onto her and Shixiong.

The goatee-wearing cultivator’s expression changed. He could not grieve for the bone-eating beasts he had spent so much energy to train. He turned and wanted to flee. Yet Kong Hou would not give him this chance. She took down the lucky cloud hairpin in her hair. The hairpin turned into a blue sword. It flew across the sky with great force and passed through the legs of the goatee-wearing cultivator.

“Big Brother, save me!” The cultivator with the goatee wavered on the clouds and called for help as he saw Kong Hou and Phoenix Head, which had shrunk to the length of half an arm, chase after him. Yet the moment he turned his head, there was no trace of his big brother, just a white-robed man standing proudly on the jade ship and a black-robed man who had securely bound his big brother.

Seeing this, he knew that experts had come and interfered in their matter. Before he and his brother acted, he had investigated and learned that Three Trees Town was not very populated and the people were poor. They also did not have any cultivation sects present, which was why they dared to pursue the orthodox cultivators in the open. Where had these experts come from?