Chapter 45: Calm

In the hall, several female cultivators in purple clothing faced off against male cultivators in blue robes. The male cultivator at the front had robes embroidered with subtle but grand patterns. He held the hand of a green-clad female. His expression was slightly displeased, but for some reason, he did not vent his anger. But the woman in a green dress next to him cried pitifully.

The purple-clad female cultivators ignored her, insulting the blue-robed male cultivator. They said that he was shameless, he was not a man with a mind of his own, and he should not cultivate, that he should go to the mortal world and be a rich young master with several concubines. Wouldn’t that be better?

“Your thoughts change when seeing those of the opposite gender, and you are lustful and greedy. Willow Speech Sect only produces disciples like you.” A tall and thin female cultivator sneered. “Your mind is so lacking—do not dirty other people’s cultivation path.”

“Celestials, please vent your anger towards me. Do not pull in all of Willow Speech Sect.” The woman in the green dress could not bear hearing those words. “All of this is my fault, just blame me.”

“A fly wants to land on dirty and rotten things—should we blame the dirty and rotten thing for being in the wrong place?” A female cultivator in purple robes glanced at her. “Miss, this is a conflict between our sect and Willow Speech Sect. Please, Miss do not interfere; thank you.”

The purple dressed female cultivator’s words made the woman in the green dress feel more humiliated than directly cursing her. Her lips trembled and she did not know what to say. In the last few days, to avoid the people of Green Jade Sect, Young Master had taken her to Yi City which was far from Green Jade Sect in order to relax. They had not thought they would coincidentally encounter the eldest shijie of Green Jade Sect and her group.

This was the largest and best inn in Yi City. Many cultivators lived here. Now that they were making a fuss, many people were attracted and came to laugh. The woman in the green dress pulled the blue-robed male cultivator’s sleeve and lowered her head.

“What do you want?” the blue-robed male cultivator gritted out. “All of you, do not go overboard.”

“After that day when you embarrassed my shimei like that in front of the guests, our sect master said that your Willow Speech Sect cannot be at any place where Green Jade Sect is.” The eldest shijie took out her lifebond talisman. “Now, you can leave on your own, or I will beat you until you do.”

“Do not think that I do not dare to fight you.” The male cultivator pulled out his sword. “Yes, I did not act appropriately that day, but I still do not love her. You cannot force me to marry her.”

“Who cares whether you love her or not? Take a look at yourself.” The eldest shijie laughed harshly. “Will disciples of Green Jade Sect lack for men? Your previous sweet words fooled my shimei into agreeing to become partners with you. Who knew that you were not sincere and also got entangled with other women? Since that is so, why did you not speak up earlier, why did you have to wait until the path union ceremony and say you did not like my young shimei in front of all the guests? Because you feel more accomplished this way? So that everyone in the world will know that you are a man for all women, extraordinary and charismatic?

People frequently said that a woman could be for all men, it was rare for a man to be for all women. The cultivators watching this laughed. Both ordinary people and cultivators were biased towards the weak. Also, the female cultivators of Green Jade Sect had beautiful appearances and they explained the history and the incident clearly. Who was in the right and who in the wrong was clear. The people present unconsciously leaned towards Green Jade Sect. Those that were more daring started to speak up and criticize Willow Speech Sect for their dishonorable conduct.