Chapter 58: Keeping One's Word

“Kong Hou!” Seeing the young girl in the water, Huan Zhong flew down to the surface and bent down to carry her out without even thinking.

The young girl was icy all over. Huan Zhong’s hand trembled as he held her hand, his face pale as he spat out a mouthful of blood. He wiped away the blood at the corner of his mouth and took her pulse with trembling fingers.

“Huan Zhong…” The blow which had made her fall from the sky into the pond was too great. Kong Hou had fainted after entering the pond. In a daze, she felt something warm come close to her. She opened her eyes and saw a paper-white Huan Zhong holding her. His usually neat hair was in disarray. However… this did not harm Huan Zhong’s beauty but made him even more beautiful instead.

Seeing Kong Hou open her eyes, Huan Zhong discovered that his heart which had been in the air all this time finally landed. “How are you?” His hoarse voice trembled.

“I am fine.” Kong Hou sat up in Huan Zhong’s embrace and pulled off the damaged seals off her body. “So many seals, all ruined.”

Lin Hu and the Auspicious Pavilion disciples who had hurried over saw the pile of seal paper by Kong Hou’s feet. “…”

“You are all fine, this is wonderful!” Kong Hou saw them standing unharmed in front of her and sighed in relief. “Huan Zhong, did you defeat that evil cultivator?”

“Evil cannot triumph over good.” Huan Zhong took out a cloak from his storage ring and put it over Kong Hou. “You are mostly fine, but your inner energy is not stable. Rest here for a few hours. We will resume travel once your inner energies stabilize.”

He threw out the golden palace which transformed into a magnificent palace. With a wave of his sleeve, the gates to the golden palace opened. Huan Zhong looked down and tied the cloak. “Go in, wash up and change.”

Kong Hou looked at Huan Zhong’s almost transparent face. “Huan Zhong, is your spirit platform all right?”

“It is fine.” Huan Zhong wanted to touch the young girl’s face but he only twitched his fingers. He felt his action was slightly strange. Regardless of how much he liked this young girl, and even wanted her as his apprentice, he should not have such improper thoughts.

He took out a handkerchief to wipe away the water in her hair. Huan Zhong used a spell to dry Kong Hou’s clothing. “Let’s enter first.”

“That evil cultivator is dead?” Kong Hou walked at the front and did not look back at Huan Zhong’s expression. “The storybooks have protagonists who let the villains go, then the villains caused even more calamities—that is causing trouble for oneself.”

Lin Hu turned to glance at Huan Zhong. Huan Zhong said expressionlessly, “You are correct.”

Now, even the Auspicious Pavilion disciples turned to look at Huan Zhong.

“I just knew you would not do something like this.” Kong Hou had used too much spirit energy and had not recovered. She walked into the courtyard she previously resided in and said to the group, “I will go meditate.”

“Rest well,” Huan Zhong said. “Put the incense ball I gave you last time beside you. It can help you recover sooner.”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. She walked a few steps and saw Huan Zhong still standing at the entrance to the courtyard and looking at her. She gave him a big smile.

Huan Zhong saw the young girl’s smile and curved his lips. “Go sleep.”

“Oh.” Kong Hou ran to Huan Zhong and put a bottle of pills that Qing Yuan Shishu had made into Huan Zhong’s hands before running back in a good mood to her room. After closing the door, she felt some regret. Since Huan Zhong was able to kill such a powerful evil cultivator, his swordsmanship must be strong. What a pity she hadn’t been able to admire it just now.