Chapter 120: True Love?

Of all the cultivators present, Qiu Shuang and Huan Zhong were the ones who had interacted the most with evil cultivators. When breaking free from three evil cultivators, Qiu Shuang had detected the evil cultivator was about to explode their core but was unable to stop it in time.

The moment the powerful evil energy exploded, Qiu Shuang stilled. She couldn’t even stabilize herself in the great wave of power. The three evil cultivators attacking her were worse off. Unprepared, they were sent rolling by the harsh flow of air and screamed as they fell off the clouds.

Qiu Shuang had no attention to spare for the evil cultivators. She even ignored her own disheveled state, and furiously ran towards the Splendid Cloud Sect disciples. When she saw all the disciples protected by a sword essence in the shape of a dragon, she put away her panicked expression, sat down on the clouds, and took out a small copper mirror to examine her face.

Yet in the blink of an eye, she threw the copper mirror away. She smiled and flew in front of the disciples, and reached to hug Kong Hou who had still not refocused after the evil cultivator exploded themselves.

“You are all fine, this is great…”

Kong Hou could detect Elder Qiu Shuang’s hands were trembling and her voice was slightly joyful. She stilled and hugged Qiu Shuang back. “Elder, we are fine; do not worry.”

“You are as noisy as monkeys all day, and all wear protective seals. Why would I worry about you all?” Qiu Shuang released Kong Hou and used a spell to put on a new dress. She turned and bowed deeply to Huan Zhong. “Thank you, Spirit Master Zhong Xi, for your help.”

“I do not dare.” Huan Zhong dodged and returned the bow. “This junior’s sect and Splendid Cloud Sect are allies, and it is our duty to eliminate evil cultivators together. I cannot accept Elder’s thanks.” He was of a younger generation than Qiu Shuang, and also a cultivation level lower. He could not deserve the title of “Spirit Master” from Qiu Shuang. Also, in the urgent situation just now, he only thought how Kong Hou might be wounded, and nothing else.

He had never comprehended the true meaning of this sword essence and was not able to use it. He had not expected to understand in this moment.

The main sword method he cultivated had nine different sword essences. But regardless of how many evil cultivators he killed, and how many experts he sparred with, he could not comprehend the ninth method.

Each time he asked Master what the ninth method was, Master always looked calmly at him and said, you will understand when you understand. If not, then he would never understand in this lifetime.

At the time, he did not understand and thought that Master was tempering him. Now he understood that he would only comprehend this sword essence when he understood. That last sword essence was fearless protection.

When one wanted to protect someone or something, if they surpassed all their terror and themselves, he and the sword would connect as one, and be at full power.

He wanted to protect Kong Hou, and did not bear for her to be in any discomfort so he also wanted to protect the people she cared about.

As he put away Dragon Roar, the enormous golden dragon disappeared. The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect and Primary Luck Sect finally realized they had just walked by death’s door.

“Huan Zhong.” Kong Hou ran over to Huan Zhong and grabbed for his life meridian. She ignored everyone’s gazes and channeled spirit energy into his body. After confirming that he was not wounded, her frown eased slightly. “Fortunately you are fine. Just now… the evil cultivator self-detonated?”

Evil cultivators would flee if possible, and beg for their lives if they couldn’t. When did they become so brave as to explode themselves? With such determination and perseverance, what could they not succeed at? Why would they be evil cultivators that even the heavens disliked?