Chapter 39: Flying Message Seal

“Miss, please do not misunderstand; this one has no other meaning. Miss, your sword is so beautiful that this one envies it greatly.” Ye Fei’s face was slightly red. She knew that her question was rude, but if she did not ask, she may obsess over it for a hundred years.

“You speak of this one?” Kong Hou took down the lucky cloud hairpin in her hair. The hairpin turned into the Water Frost Sword in her hand, the blue light astoundingly beautiful and brighter than jewels.

“Yes, yes, yes, this one.” Ye Fei’s gaze was locked onto the sword. She didn’t even bear to blink.

“This sword is named Water Frost. An elder of my sect gave it to me. As to what materials were used or what is inlaid, I am not too clear.” Kong Hou only knew how to make some simple seals right now, and knew a bit about formations. Forging, pill making, beast training—she had not learned much of those. Master thought that it was easy to split one’s attention due to studying too much. She would start on these after reaching Mind Activation Stage.

“Miss, you don’t know either?” Ye Fei was slightly disappointed. She looked at the Water Frost for a few more moments before moving her gaze away. “This one was rude.”

“Miss Ye is too polite.” Kong Hou held the sword in front of Ye Fei. “If Miss doesn’t mind, you can hold it and look closely. Maybe you will get some clues.”

“Many thanks, Miss!” Ye Fei carefully took over the Water Frost Sword with both hands. When she touched it, she felt the great power contained in the sword and almost shook. Countless seal scripts had been added onto the sword, many of which Ye Fei could not understand. She could see the person who had created this sword was an expert. This sword was one that people would not be able to buy with money. The stones inlaid on the sword hilt were not precious stones but the Five Channeling Stone rare in the cultivation word. This kind of stone could transmit the power of the five elements. A piece the size of a thumbnail could be sold for several tens of thousands of spirit stones in auction. This sword hilt had five pieces inlaid in it, and each was as large as a pigeon’s egg.

The moment she saw this sword, Ye Fei felt she wasn’t holding a sword but a little spirit vein, so heavy she could not raise her hand. Even scarier was that her benefactor who saved her life let her hold the sword to admire. Just how at ease was this person?

Her hand trembled as she handed the Water Frost Sword back to Kong Hou. Ye Fei received a deep understanding of her poverty.

“Miss Ye, do you know what kind of stone this is?” Kong Hou turned the sword back into a hairpin and pushed it back into her hair. The hair looked exceptionally beautiful contrasted against the magnificent hairpin.

Ye Fei saw Kong Hou acting so casually and guessed that she may not know how valuable the stones on the hilt were. Taking a deep breath, Ye Fei said, “Miss’ elders must care greatly for you?”

Kong Hou nodded. The people in the sect were all good. From the elders and Master to her shidi and shizhi, all of them were good.

“The stone on the sword hilt is called Five Channeling Stone. It can gather the five element energies of the world onto the stone and give it great power.” But what was most powerful was not these pieces of Five Channeling Stone, but the countless layers of seals which had been added to the sword. Ordinary people would not be able to do this.

“So that’s how it is.” Kong Hou nodded in realization. She was slightly puzzled. Why did Miss Ye’s expression look so strange?

Seeing Kong Hou still undisturbed, Ye Fei wanted to grab her shoulders, shake her, and tell her just how powerful and valuable this sword was. Yet the gaze of this young girl was too clean. This made her feel that if she used a price to evaluate the value of this sword, it would be an insult to the sword.