Chapter 131: Prison Break

Cultivators believed in fate and destiny. Even if everything was a coincidence, the cultivators who were at a bottleneck for a long time would still have minuscule hopes for a breakthrough.

Jin Yue finally understood the intentions of these sect leaders who came with gifts. They hoped that Radiance Sect would do something to the teleportation formation and put their disciples in the same room as Kong Hou.

“Invite the sect leaders to go back.” Jin Yue sighed. “Say I am absent.”

The elders of the sects were really doing all they could for the opportunities of their sect juniors. Thinking about the state of the cultivation world, Jin Yue shook his head. If no one was able to ascend, what was the use in more opportunities?

The last discussion was held on the third day. Before Kong Hou even entered the courtyard, she encountered many cultivators who came to chat with her. There were so many people they couldn’t squeeze through the gates.

“Everyone, the discussion is about to begin. Please do not linger too long at the gates.” Huan Zhong walked over and reached out to shield Kong Hou behind him. “The teleportation formation will stop working in a half hour. Path Friends, please do not miss the time.”

Huan Zhong rarely appeared in front of others, but he appeared frequently on the viewing platform in the last few days. Many people finally learned the legendary Spirit Master Zhong Xi looked like this.

Seeing Spirit Master Zhong Xi come over, the other people were too embarrassed to keep surrounding Kong Hou. However, they couldn’t help but suspect the two people’s relationship when seeing how Spirit Master Zhong Xi was protecting Celestial Kong Hou. People could not help but overthink when someone who rarely appeared would show up on the viewing platform every day.
Huan Zhong held Kong Hou’s hand as they stepped on the stairs. “Mind the stairs.”

Kong Hou looked around and smiled secretly at him. “Then I am going in.”

“En.” Huan Zhong nodded. “I will be on the viewing platform outside.” He added after thinking, “Do not neglect yourself.”

Kong Hou took a moment to understand Huan Zhong’s meaning. He worried that a conflict would arise in the discussion room and harm her. “Do not worry, it will not happen.”

Huan Zhong looked at the timer hanging from the gates and said to Kong Hou, “I will wait outside for you.”

The Splendid Cloud Sect disciples walking behind Kong Hou: “…”

Were they going to attend a discussion or to kill demons?

Huan Zhong watched as Kong Hou and the Splendid Cloud Sect disciples entered before turning to go to the viewing platform. After a while, he stopped and turned to look at a male cultivator nearby in a light-colored magic robe.

Among the group of male cultivators all dressed differently, this man did not look like a cultivator, but a noble young master.

The other saw Huan Zhong and bowed.

Huan Zhong returned the greeting and flashed to the viewing platform to sit.

“Chi Si, I hadn’t thought that you admired Spirit Master Zhong Xi so much that you dress so similarly.” A nomad cultivator patted Chi Si’s shoulder. “Pity you are not a sword cultivator. Otherwise, more female cultivators would like you.”

Chi Si smiled warmly and touched the jade pendant hanging from the handle of his fan. “I am happy to have a bit of Spirit Master Zhong Xi’s mannerism.”

“Us nomad cultivators like freedom and being casual. Do not copy the old-fashioned nature of the sect discipline.” The nomad cultivator moved his hand away from Chi Si’s shoulder. “You also have Mind Activation Stage cultivation. If you are fortunate to be sent to the same room as Celestial Kong Hou, you might reach Core Formation Stage just like the previous two.”