Chapter 140: Lacking Cleverness

The night wind was cool. It was early summer and the insects occasionally made sounds. Kong Hou saw Lin Hu following from a distance and pulled Huan Zhong into the woods.

“Shh.” Kong Hou put her finger to her lips. “Do not make a sound.”

Huan Zhong’s eyelids trembled. His ears and cheeks were hot and red. He nodded softly. When he detected Kong Hou pulling at his clothes, his voice trembled. “He-here?”

“Where if not here?” Kong Hou was matter of fact. “Where else except here? Before Elder Lin comes. Let’s be quick.”

Huan Zhong: “…”

He could not be so quick.

On the path, Lin Hu paused. He looked at his feet and felt conflicted. He, who had the bloodline of a yao, was fleet of foot and also of good hearing. He could hear Miss Kong Hou and Master’s conversation clearly. He sighed. He had not thought that Master would be a person like this. This was the wilderness. He was not very discerning.

After a while, he saw Master walk out of the trees wearing white robes. His expression grew uglier.

This wasn’t even fifteen minutes and Master already…

“Those clothes were too eye-catching. My shijie all like to look at beauties; I cannot let them see.” Kong Hou went on tiptoes and helped Huan Zhong adjust his jade coronet. Then she sighed. “But you are so good-looking that people will look at you no matter what you wear.”

The flush on Huan Zhong’s face still hadn’t faded. He smiled upon hearing Kong Hou’s words. “Then should I wear a mask?”

“Wear what mask? Am I such a selfish person?” Kong Hou held Huan Zhong’s hand and then leapt onto his back. “Let’s go, we are going back.”

Huan Zhong carefully supported her. He turned and looked at the end of the path to indicate for Lin Hu, hidden away, not to follow. Then he carefully walked forward with Kong Hou on his back.

Lin Hu: “…”

Why had he promised Sect Master he would keep Master company on his travels? He was not needed at all.

Seeing Grand Shishu Qiu Shuang and the others in the distance, Kong Hou jumped off Huan Zhong’s back. She neatened her clothes, and then walked over to them as though nothing had happened. The people of Splendid Cloud Sect all had smiles on their faces as though they had encountered something good. Seeing Kong Hou and Huan Zhong return so late, they did not ask questions. Ling Hui asked jokingly, “Why did you return so early?”

There were so many fun things in the city. These two were in love. Why didn’t they take the chance to have some more fun?

“We will come again in the future.” Kong Hou looked at the group. Almost everyone had returned.

No, there was one person missing.

“Where’s Gui Ling?” Kong Hou looked at Li Rou who was eating snacks with other people in the corner.” Rou Rou, did you see Gui Ling?”

“Shishu, I went with the other shishu to shop and didn’t go with Gui Ling.” Li Rou was slightly puzzled. “Gui Ling doesn’t like to go out. Even if he does, he will return quickly.”

Kong Hou frowned. Gui Ling was Eldest Shixiong‘s student. If something happened, what would she tell Eldest Shixiong? Also, Gui Ling had a good personality even though he did not like to talk. He was also diligent and hard-working. He might be the most diligent student of Moon Perching Peak. The future of Moon Perching Peak might rely on him.

“Grand Shishu, I will take a few people to search.” Kong Hou frowned even deeper. “I worry something has happened.”

Qiu Shuang nodded. “Wu Chuan, Kong Hou, take some of the higher cultivation disciples and go search in groups. Send a message immediately if you find him.”