Chapter 144: Get Married

Wang Su gave Kong Hou several talismans that aided cultivation, which Kong Hou accepted silently.

“When I opened the door to the small world, you already wanted this, but you pretended to be unwilling so I would promise to heal Spirit Master Zhong Xi?” Wang Su used spirit energy to light up the stars on the gates to the small world.

Kong Hou put the talismans in her storage ring. She turned to look at Huan Zhong who was outside the teleportation formation. She smiled and didn’t speak.

Wang Su laughed ambiguously. He had forgotten in his urgency that while disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect were usually carefree, they never retreated when danger came. Lingyou World had many beings. Splendid Cloud Sect cared about following their hearts, their virtues and kindness. People who would ignore the beings of the world just for momentary pleasure would not be members of Splendid Cloud Sect.

The last star lit up. Wang Su took several steps back to walk out of the teleportation formation. He bowed deeply to Kong Hou.

Kong Hou turned back to look past Wang Su towards Huan Zhong. Their gazes met, and though they did not speak, this surpassed a thousand words.

Wang Su looked back. Seeing Spirit Master Zhong Xi who was smiling, he hesitated from immediately activating the teleportation. Then he moved his spirit energy.

In this instant, the formation shone with light as though it was the noon sun. Wang Su couldn’t help but close his eyes.

Huan Zhong watched as Kong Hou’s figure disappeared in the light. The light dimmed, the teleportation formation disappeared, and so did Kong Hou. The hall became silent again.

Huan Zhong looked at Wang Su and turned to walk outside.

“Spirit Master Zhong Xi, please stay.” Wang Su called to Huan Zhong. “Is Spirit Master willing to play a match with this one?”

Huan Zhong looked expressionlessly at Wang Su. “No need.”

“Spirit Master is angry at me for having Miss Kong Hou enter the small world to cultivate?” Wang Su said. “We cultivators have long lives. What is a short decade to our long longevity?”

“It is a decade to me but a lonely century for her.” Huan Zhong put his hands behind his back. His voice was cold. “This one admires Sect Master Wang Su for caring about the cultivation world. But Kong Hou should not be carrying the hope of the entire world by herself.”

Wang Su did not argue with his words. He said, “If Spirit Master doesn’t mind, walk with me.”

Huan Zhong looked at the entrance to the small world which had turned back into a wall. He did not refuse Wang Su’s invitation.

The mountain peak of Moon Star Sect was so tall that it had snow all year around. Nothing ever grew here. The disciples here were like the frozen ground underneath their feet—cold, hard and emotionless.

The Moon Star Sect had seven main buildings, each of them set up according to the seven star mansion.

“This is our Library Tower. It has records of Lingyou World’s history.” Wang Su pushed open the door. Inside were jade scrolls that stretched out of view, stacked on the dark heavy wooden shelves in layers. “Each jade scroll is one year. Maybe even you do not remember many of the matters you were involved in, but they are recorded in the jade scrolls of Moon Star Sect.”

There were a dozen disciples moving around the shelves as they arranged the jade scrolls without tiredness or boredom.

Wang Su beckoned and several jade scrolls landed in his hands. He held the jade scrolls to Huan Zhong. “Several years ago, Sect Master Jin of your honored sect wrote a letter asking about medicine. I did not reply because I was in seclusion. There are records here regarding the medicine. Take them.”