Chapter 61: Informant

While puzzled inside, Cheng Yi still maintained the reliable disposition of the eldest apprentice of Splendid Cloud Sect’s Moon Perching Peak in front of outsiders. Even though Splendid Cloud Sect’s reputation did not have much to do with reliability.

“Path Friend Huan Zhong, you woke up so early?” Cheng Yi walked in front of Kong Hou and put the tray into her hands. “Here, the breakfast you wanted.”

“Thank you, Eldest Shixiong.” Kong Hou held the tray and smiled at Cheng Yi. Huan Zhong pulled back the spirit fruits he was holding out. Kong Hou grabbed the tray.

“I will help you carry this.” Huan Zhong glanced at the tray in her hands. “Careful not to spill your breakfast.”

“I prepared two meals. Path Friend Huan Zhong, eat with Kong Hou.” Cheng Yi looked at the rare spirit fruits in Huan Zhong’s bowl. He did not want Radiance Sect’s disciples to feel that they were so frugal to not even invite him to a meal.

But he had originally prepared to eat breakfast with Kong Hou. Now, he could only give this opportunity to Huan Zhong.

“Thank you, Path Friend; then this one will accept.” Huan Zhong did not even try to refuse and accepted straightforwardly.

“You are welcome.” Cheng Yi maintained his smile, unaffected inside.

“Eldest Shixiong, come with us,” Kong Hou said. “There are pastries and fruits, and the breakfast you made is enough for the three of us.” Kong Hou turned and opened the door for Huan Zhong and Cheng Yi to enter. “Do not stand in the doorway. Otherwise, people will think there are flowers there.”

There were no flowers at the door, but there had been boundaries. Cheng Yi walked to sit at the table. He lifted the cover off the tray. Inside was a jar of meat porridge, a plate of steamed dumplings and some small dishes of vegetables.

He divided the porridge into three bowls. Cheng Yi asked Kong Hou, “Did you sleep well last night?”

Kong Hou nodded and took a sip of the porridge.

Cheng Yi’s and Huan Zhong’s eyes met. Huan Zhong nodded towards Cheng Yi. Cheng Yi returned a polite smile to Huan Zhong. The two unacquainted men sat facing each other. The silent atmosphere was slightly awkward.

“Kong Hou, just now I saw boundaries outside your room and took them down. Apologies, I was slightly rude to do this,” Huan Zhong said apologetically to Kong Hou. “I forgot that this is not like when we were living together.”

“Boundaries?” Kong Hou wiped her mouth with a handkerchief and asked Cheng Yi, “Shixiong, you set them up?”

“This is not Splendid Cloud Mountain, so I put up some defensive boundaries outside the door.” Cheng Yi had guessed Huan Zhong was the one who destroyed the boundaries, but he thought that a disciple of Radiance Sect could not do something like that. He really had not imagined the other could really do this.

“You may not desire to harm others, but you have to be on guard against others. Even if this is our subordinate sect, it is correct to have some caution.” Cheng Yi thought and added, “If you do not like it, I will not put up boundaries tonight.”

“Shixiong, you are still so detail-oriented.” Kong Hou hurriedly said, “I do not dislike them.”

The three finished eating. Cheng Yi saw Huan Zhong sitting without any intentions of leaving. Thinking that what he was going to say was not any sect secrets, he spoke. “Recently, the cultivation world is really not peaceful. You have had a breakthrough in your cultivation. After this matter, how about returning to Splendid Cloud Mountain with me?”