Chapter 130: Discussion

When Kong Hou said she would discuss the mental scripture with the group, they were all very happy.

But reality quickly told everyone geniuses were geniuses because they had a terrifying ability to understand. They could not understand this mental scripture at all.

Kong Hou quickly recognized this problem. She looked at the group, hesitated for a few moments and said, “Everyone doesn’t seem interested in this mental scripture. Should we change the topic?”

“Yes, yes, let’s change the topic.” A disciple from Dragon Tiger Sect blinked his sore eyes and finally became energized. His hand stopped gripping his leg. “What does Celestial Kong Hou think about the sword path?”

Everyone else turned their heads. Was this path friend of Dragon Tiger Sect stupid? Celestial Kong Hou was a spell cultivator, not a sword cultivator. The two in their group most skilled as sword cultivators had been sent out because of fighting.

“I do not primarily cultivate the sword. However, the sect emphasizes that disciples develop in all areas, so I learned some sword methods.” Kong Hou’s understanding of the sword came from Cheng Yi and Huan Zhong. The two of them were among the top of sword cultivators. What Kong Hou understood was both practical and useful for the disciples of minor sects.

“So that’s how it is.” A cultivator who had remained in Mind Activation Stage for more than a century suddenly had a realization and bowed deeply to Kong Hou. “Celestial Kong Hou, thank you for passing on your understanding; this one has been enlightened.”

“You are too polite. The understanding of the sword that I speak of does not come from myself but from my Eldest Shixiong, and good friend Spirit Master Zhong Xi.” Kong Hou returned the bow.
When the discussion ended in the evening, that cultivator who had not advanced in his cultivation for many years suddenly had an epiphany and reached Core Formation Stage. For a small sect, disciples with Core Formation cultivation were rare. Their entire sect didn’t sleep for the night in celebration.

The next morning, Kong Hou opened the window and found it had rained last night. The spirit energy had condensed into mist. She inhaled deeply, washed and then ate together with her sect. This was a habit for many people of Splendid Cloud Sect. If they were not in seclusion, they would maintain the good habit of three meals a day. In order to take good care of the members of Splendid Cloud Sect, Sword Cry Peak was meticulous in their selection of ingredients and even hired some ordinary people from Pei City skilled in cooking.

“Did someone level up last night—there was a spirit rain last night.” Kong Hou wiped her mouth as she took a teacup from a servant to rinse her mouth. Her movements flowed elegantly.

While Ling Hui had seen Kong Hou being served many times before, she couldn’t help but lament, “You look like you were born to be served.”

Kong Hou shook her head. “I’m used to it.” In the years she was the foster daughter of Emperor Jinghong, the female officials in the palace taught her etiquette over and over again so that she would look elegant in front of others and so the court would not feel she was being treated harshly. These movements were carved into her bones. Whenever someone was attending to her, she would unconsciously fall into past habits.

She had been punished with copying books and been criticized by the female officials in order to develop these habits. These were not good memories.

The other people thought of Kong Hou’s status back in the mortal world and did not discuss this matter. Ling Hui could see that Kong Hou had walked out of her past in the mortal world after coming back from her travels. She smiled. “The most important thing is that you look good.”