Chapter 40: Get Famous Early

The atmosphere solidified for a moment. The elder shoved the gift box into Lin Hu’s hand and said, “Where does the other benefactor come from?” He had heard Ye Fei Shizhi say that benefactor had a powerful sword but was not a sword cultivator. The other should not be a disciple of Radiance Sect.

With a creak, the door next to them opened, and a head poked out. The elder turned to look and saw a young girl dressed in light pink robes at the door. She had large eyes, a white face, and looked both beautiful and adorable.

“Miss Kong Hou.” Lin Hu nodded to Kong Hou.

“Elder Lin Hu.” Kong Hou walked out of the door and bowed to the two. “This elder is?”

“This is Elder Xuan Mu of Cool Breeze Sect.” Lin Hu turned to look at Xuan Mu. “Elder, this miss is the one who saved your honored sect’s disciples.”

“Greetings to Elder Xuan Mu.” Kong Hou had originally wanted to come and ask Huan Zhong when they would leave here. But with an outsider present, she could only swallow her words. She smiled at Elder Xuan Mu and greeted him.

“Miss Kong Hou, please do not be so courteous.” Elder Xuan Mu returned the greeting. He said, “Miss, thank you for lending a helping hand so my shizhi could escape the claws of the evil demons.”

The two exchanged courtesies and then Elder Xuan Mu said, “Where does Miss come from and who is your elder? This one will definitely visit and give thanks in the future.”

“No need, no need.” Kong Hou waved her hands. She turned to look at Lin Hu. Lin Hu silently looked into the distance.

Kong Hou: “…”

“Miss, please tell this old man.” Elder Xuan Mu bowed again.

Kong Hou could only say, “This junior is a disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect. Your Excellency is an elder—this junior cannot accept your bow.”

“So you are a skilled disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect.” The relationship between Splendid Cloud Sect and Cool Breeze Sect was average. One reason was because the two sects were far away from each other, and another was because Splendid Cloud Sect stayed out of matters. Unless there was a major event, they never meddled in the matters of the cultivation world. The two sects almost had no opportunities to interact.

When the cultivation world held conferences, they would come hurriedly and rush away with no time for conversation. But regardless, in Elder Xuan Mu’s eyes, interacting with Splendid Cloud Sect was definitely easier than with Radiance Sect.

However, one had to repay favors done, Elder Xuan Mu decided. He gave the gifts to Kong Hou and bid farewell.

Knowing that the disciples of Cool Breeze Sect had been given a fright this time, Kong Hou did not try to keep him. Along with Lin Hu, she sent them off to the doorway.

“Miss.” Ye Fei walked in front of Kong Hou and bowed elegantly to her. “When will we meet again? Will you come to the Conference of Sects?”

Kong Hou did not know about any conference of sects. She kept her smile on. “Whatever my sect arranges.”

“Miss is so talented, and will definitely be one of the disciples to represent the sect.” Thinking about how Splendid Cloud Sect had missed the time for the Conference of Sects because they had been watching the spectacle, Ye Fei’s expression was slightly strange. This miss should… not be the same as the disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect?

“I also hope to see Sister in the future.” Kong Hou held Ye Fei’s hand and walked with her to the ship. “Take care.”

“Yes.” Ye Fei reluctantly released Kong Hou’s hand. The flying palace rose above the ground. She leaned against the rails as she waved to Kong Hou. “Miss, if you come to the Conference of Sect, please come find me.”