Chapter 90: Pretty Please

Huan Zhong didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. He sighed. Just as he was about to speak, he found Kong Hou had a terrified expression, as though she had discovered something scary.

Following Kong Hou’s gaze, Huan Zhong found the fiendish energy that had been driven away came back, and was even stronger than before. It covered the sky and ground, shrouding everything in darkness.

“Why is it like this?” Kong Hou looked around dazedly, seeing the flowers and trees sway in the fiendish energy, their vitality being sucked away. Her smile turned into panic.

“Calm down, do not overthink.” Huan Zhong tapped Kong Hou’s head with spirit energy so she would calm down. “Let’s first go to the eye of the formation.”

“I told you before, this formation cannot be solved,” the evil cultivator said urgently. “If you go now, other than having the fiendish energy infect you, what is the use? This formation is formed in the mortal world—the fiendish energy has been lured out of the hearts of the humans here. The talismans, the divine talismans, they are all useless against it.

If the divine talismans of the cultivation world were effective against this formation, why would the formation masters of the evil cultivator world spend almost a century on this?

Orthodox cultivators first cultivated the mind before the body. Fiendish energy could easily draw out mental demons. If orthodox cultivators were entangled with mental demons, the evil cultivators would win. But he was unlucky and would die with this formation.

Before coming to the mortal realm, master said to him that orthodox cultivators were fake gentlemen and liked to rescue those in danger and hardship. if he encountered orthodox cultivators in the mortal world, pretend to be weak and stupid. Let them know of the existence of the formation, and tell them not to go. Orthodox cultivators had a bad problem. If they were told not to go, they would go.
Powerful cultivators who died in terror were the best food for the Withering of Ten Thousand Bones Formation.

“Everything in the world will engender one another and subdue one another.” When Kong Hou’s emotions calmed down, Huan Zhong looked coldly at the evil cultivator. He took out his flying sword, carried Kong Hou onto the sword and flew away.

“Our master does not like evil cultivators, especially ones that think they are smart.” Lin Hu sighed. “Tell me, what should I do with you?”

The evil cultivator opened his mouth. His mouth filled with the taste of blood. He did not have the chance to talk again—because a sword stabbed through his throat, and his spirit platform was destroyed by a burst of spirit energy.

He fell from the clouds into the bottomless river, his body merging into one with the fiendish energy and sinking into the black river water.

The moment before he died, his mind was filled with the thought that orthodox cultivators were liars.

##

Huan Zhong and Kong Hou travelled southeast. Kong Hou saw the fiendish energy spouting like a tornado above an enormous city. The city was filled with the taste of death, the soldiers pushing wagon after wagon of corpses out of the city to be buried in pits.

Behind the city gates, people screamed and cried, their anger rising into the sky.

“Mother… mother…” A barefoot child shouted as he chased after a wooden wagon. His clothing was so dirty its color could not be seen. His face was covered in mud. He reached out, wanting to pull the corpses covered by an old cloth on the wagon.

The soldier pushing the wagon had a tired and numb expression. Seeing the child chase them, he stilled and then stopped the child, saying in a hoarse voice, “Go back, do not fuss.” He saw too much death every day, so much he already had no ability to pity others. Not only the people were trapped in this city, so were soldiers like him. Half a month ago, ten thousand soldiers had come here. Now, only eight thousand were left. The survivors had burned those two thousand soldiers with their own hands.