Chapter 10: Drawing Energy Into The Body

The last student of Moon Perching Peak, rumored to not have any cultivation talent, suddenly turned into a future genius of the cultivation world with a pentad spirit base. All of Splendid Cloud Sect excitedly discussed this for a few days as though they saw the future where Splendid Cloud Sect managed to wash away their previous humiliation.

The day after testing, Kong Hou received many presents. Not just the presents that the elders and peak masters gave her—even the apprentices of other peak masters came to Moon Perching Peak to give her gifts and also to encourage her.

“Little Shimei, while cultivating a pentad spirit base is slow at the start, do not feel pressure. Just endure until Base Building Stage.”

“If you need anything, tell us shixiong and shijie. We will definitely help you. It’s fine if your cultivation is slow to advance at the start. Better to be steady—we aren’t anxious for quick results.”

“Little Shimei, the hope of revitalizing Splendid Cloud Sect is on you.”

Each day, she had to receive many shixiong and shijie. On the third day, Kong Hou finally could not control herself and asked what confused her. “Shixiong, Shijie, you all love Splendid Cloud Sect so deeply, and are the elite of the sect. You should be the hope of Splendid Cloud Sect—why me?”

She had seen some consorts in the palace flatter each other, yet inside, they wanted to kill each other. She had never seen people as sincere as these shixiong and shijie in flattering others.

“Hahahaha.” The shixiong and shijie laughed awkwardly and said humbly, “Our talent cannot rival Shimei’s, and we know our limits. Of course we hope that Shimei will get better and better.”

“Revitalizing the sect is a tiring matter. We can live so well—why should we bother?” a shixiong with an honest appearance muttered. But coincidentally, everyone just finished laughing when he muttered and Kong Hou heard him.

“Ah-hahaha.”

Everyone’s laughter became even more awkward. “Little Shimei, your shixiong is joking with you.”

“Yes, yes, we have disturbed you long enough. It is time for us to leave.”

Kong Hou watched as her shixiong and shijie rushed in and rushed out. For the first time, she had doubts about the cultivation world she was in. The storybooks she had read clearly said that when the news of the protagonist’s outstanding talent spread, the other members of the sect were jealous. If not for having a good master, the protagonist would fall for the schemes of others in the sect.

She looked at the mountain of gifts—what kind of jealousy was this?

Wang Tong walked into his youngest apprentice’s cave residence and saw her staring blankly in the middle of a pile of gifts. He coughed and called her out of her daze. “Little apprentice.”

“Master.” Kong Hou stood and was about to bow to Wang Tong when Wang Tong waved his hand and said, “No need, no need. Master doesn’t care about this. Do not bow this and bow that. I don’t like this. Our Splendid Cloud Sect cares about being at ease, and minimizes these courtesies.”

“Oh.” Kong Hou was extremely obedient. After Wang Tong spoke, she sat back down on her well-furnished jade bed.

Wang Tong took out a book and handed it to Kong Hou. She saw the “Five Element Channeling Record” on the cover of the book and carefully held it in her hand. “Master, is this a secret manual of our sect?”

“Ah?” Wang Tong stilled and shook his head. He said, “This is a book that all cultivators get when just starting. It was authored by the ten major sects of Lingyou World. It is the most authoritative and practical book, much better than those unorthodox ones outside.”