171 🩺 Desperation

When Wooyoung woke up, he was along in Hongjoong's bed, the blankets all tucked nicely around his chin. Yawning, Wooyoung wondered how he'd gotten there for a moment, before everything started fading back to him.

Immediately rolling over, Wooyoung glanced out the hall to see Yeosang's door open.

Eyes shooting open wide awake, Wooyoung jumped up out of bed and immediately groaned when he hurt himself.

Hugging his abdomen, Wooyoung stood up straighter, more careful, before hurrying across the hallway.

But poking his head inside, he saw that it was empty.

Sighing in disappointment, Wooyoung let his hope fade. I wonder where he goes when he leaves the house... he thought, wandering into the living room to find Hongjoong.

But as he glanced around, he suddenly saw Yeosang standing opposite Hongjoong in the kitchen eating an apple. With his back to Wooyoung, all he could see was his wild unbrushed hair and his shoulders covered in a light blue sweater, but it was enough to make Wooyoung freeze.

Hongjoong glanced up, biting into his lip a little as Yeosang turned to see what he was looking at, and their eyes met.

'H-Hyung...' Wooyoung said softly, not daring to move.

Yeosang just blinked slowly for a second, before taking a breath that expanded his chest, and turning back around. 'If they ring, let me know. I gave them the home phone,' Yeosang said to Hongjoong, before pushing off of the counter. He took his apple with him as he started walking towards the hallway to go back to his room.

'If who rings?' Wooyoung asked, looking between his brother and Hongjoong.

When no one answered him and all there was, was the soft sounds of Yeosang's slippers scuffing against the floorboards, Wooyoung reached out and took his sleeve in his hands, stopping him.

'Don't go back to your room...' Wooyoung said, his voice just barely a breath. 'I-I'll go instea-'

'Go and eat breakfast.' And with that, he shrugged out of his grasp and continued walking down to the hallway.

'Hyung!' Wooyoung suddenly called, rushing to stop him. He stood in front of him, blocking his path. 'Can't you just stay out here with Joong? I-if you don't want to l-look...at me... then I-I can go-'

'You don't get it, Wooyoung.' His voice broke as he snapped, and it made Wooyoung freeze in place. His sudden outburst made his eyes meet Wooyoung's, but they were stone cold.

'Th-then help me understand,' Wooyoung whispered, eyes beginning to prick painfully.

But Yeosang just sighed in frustration and went to step around him.

Quickly reaching to stop him, Wooyoung held onto his wrist as tightly as he possibly could. 'Please, talk to me,' he begged, pleading eyes gazing at his brother's hard expression.

Taking a deep breath, Yeosang suddenly grabbed a hold of Wooyoung's hands one by one and forced them off of his. 'You, should have talked to me!' His voice cracked again, confusing Wooyoung since usually his voice didn't crack that often... But it was softer and quiet when he spoke again, his words cold as ice. 'It doesn't feel too nice, not being spoken to, does it?'

Wooyoung's bottom lit trembled as tears filled his eyes.

'Never make decisions for me again,' he spat, disgust lacing his words.

And Wooyoung felt like he'd been punched. He staggered back at the sound of his voice, his tears falling down his cheeks. 'H-Hyung... Please... Please, just let me explain...'