109 🩺 2nd Side

While Wooyoung was sitting in the armchair talking with San, Yeosang and Hongjoong had given them some space and decided to go for a walk. Slowly wandering around the ward, the two stopped to read the plaques and look at the paintings adorning the walls for the first time in their lives.

'What is this painting even supposed to be?' Yeosang asked, giggling a little at the abstract artwork.

Both of them standing in the hallway staring at the wall, Hongjoong tilted his head ninety degrees to the side, before doing the same thing on the other side. 'If you look at it like this, it kind of looks like a three legged elephant?'

Yeosang did the same, laughing. 'Oh heck. It does too... Wait, if you squint, it also kind of looks like a bike.'

Hongjoong snorted, nudging him with his shoulder as he laughed.

But then as he went to speak, a voice tore them from their tilted-head conversation.

'Oh? Yeosang?'

The two turned around, and Yeosang's eyes widened just the slightest bit.

'Jongho? What are you doing here?'

Yeosang looked the boy up and down, a little surprised at what he saw. He was wearing nothing too special, plain dark wash jeans, a long sleeved shirt with a coat slung over his forearm and a coffee in hand, but there was something distinctly relaxed about him today. Something in his disposition lacked the excited, cheery innocent boy he'd seen in the past, and had been replaced by a calm mature nature that made Yeosang's pulse rise a few beats per minute.

'I just dropped by to see my mom.'

Yeosang's eyes widened. 'Oh shit, you don't mean...'

But Jongho laughed it off. 'Nono, she's an interior designer that was hired for the new cafe they're putting in on this level-' Just then, his phone dinged in his pack jeans pocket. He switched hands holding his coffee to the arm holding his jacket to read the notification. 'Ah, shit. I totally forgot,' he murmured to himself. 'One second,' he said, looking up at Hongjoong and Yeosang.

The two boys exchanged a glance as Jongho stepped back a little and turned his back to them. They watched him dial a number, and upon answering, they heard 'Yes I got your text message. I've got the plans, I'll be on my way right now.' Hanging up his little professional call, he turned back to Yeosang and Hongjoong.

Reaching out and taking Yeosang's hand, Jongho put his coffee in his hand and then let go.

'Uh, what's this?' Yeosang asked, glancing between the take away coffee and the boy in front of him - the same boy that had just completely confused him with showing a whole new side of himself.

'I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to run.' Jongho gave him a charismatic smile and a wink. 'I heard somewhere that you drink coffee~.'

Yeosang rolled his eyes as he watched Jongho put his phone back in his pocket. 'Gee, I wonder where you heard that.'

'It's a mystery,' Jongho said, starting to walk backwards towards the ward exit. 'Congratulations on your brother's recovery. Give him my regards,' he called, before turning around and heading briskly towards the exit, leaving Yeosang standing, stunned, with a warm coffee in hand.

'Uh, I think you've got some explaining to do,' Hongjoong suddenly said, breaking Yeosang's daze. .

'About what?'

'Don't give me that bullshit,' he laughed. 'I didn't realise you and Yunho's student were on speaking terms.'

Shaking off the remainder of his confusion, Yeosang started wandering forward again. 'We're on far more than speaking terms.' Yeosang took a sip of the coffee, and melted at the taste. It was smooth and filled with caramel and chocolate and sweetness, and it surprised Yeosang that he shared the same tastebuds as the boy.

'You did not.'

Yeosang over at Hongjoong through his eyelashes, looking very guilty. 'I might have. He started it though!'

'But he's so young!'

Yeosang smirked, biting his lip. 'Yeah, but you wouldn't be able to tell...' He winked at Hongjoong, who was staring at him with amused shock.

The older laughed, shoving his hands in his pockets as they walked. 'Life surprises me every day,' he said, sighing, before looking over. 'I assume it was good then?'

And Yeosang couldn't contain his smirk. 'Good? Oh it was divine.'

~~~

A/N: I have decided I hate working on Lactation. I think u have to have mor e patience than I have. Does anyone know how to turn time? I think I need to page WAYV and ask them to turn forward time three hours 😫