168 🩺 I Promise

Days had passed. Days.

And Yeosang's door had been shut the entire time.

Hongjoong had still felt almost hostile towards him in his disappointed state, and Wooyoung still felt like he'd just been torn apart.

Wooyoung had written letters and slipped them under Yeosang's door, only for him to see the corners remain on his side of the door, none read, none even moved from where he'd put them. Every time Yeosang came out, he would scoop up the paper and put them on the kitchen bench, ignored, retrieve what he wanted and return back to his room.

Hongjoong would speak to him... They'd spoken a little, but Wooyoung felt that Hongjoong was more hurt than he could have ever imagined he'd be. The perfect word for his actions were civil. He acknowledged him when he walked into a room, and he made short conversation over the table, but Wooyoung's heart ached that it wasn't like normal.

Last night however, had been the first night Wooyoung had succumbed to sleep. Falling asleep next to Yeosang's door, somehow he awoke in his bed, sun shining in his window.

The first thing he did when his eyes fluttered open, was to get out of bed and hurry as fast as he weak and sickening body could take him to see if his brother's door was still shut.

It was.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Wooyoung bit at his lip and picked at his fingernails in disappointment, once again.

But then he heard the soft sound of what sounded like voices floating down from the living room.

'Sang?' The hope in his voice was painful and as he hurried into the living room, he felt horrible the instant his body filled with disappointment the moment he saw Hongjoong sitting with San, and not Yeosang.

Standing in the opening to the hallway, Wooyoung suddenly felt sick. He felt so guilty for his reaction that he couldn't bring himself to go up to them.

But when he glanced up, he saw the look of terror and panic on San's face.

And that was when Wooyoung realised he'd not spoken to him in days. He didn't even know where his phone had ended up after he'd tossed it aside on Hongjoong's bed. He didn't even want to see his phone.

Standing up, Hongjoong walked over to the kitchen and took a glass of water and leaf of painkillers and brought it to the table. 'Come sit, Wooyoung.' His voice was soft, like he almost felt bad for him, and it made Wooyoung's eyes start to prick with tears again. He saw San's lips part in surprise as he saw his eyes glaze over, and as Hongjoong walked up to him, Wooyoung hugged himself, unable to look up.

'Woo,' Hongjoong said quietly, even softer this time. 'He thinks you're breaking up with him.'

'Maybe he should break up with me...' Wooyoung said softly, feeling sickly guilty for more than just his disappointed reaction to seeing him in their living room.

'Don't be like that. Go and sit. Come on.' Hongjoong took one of his arms wrapped around his waist and started pulling him over to the table, sitting him down beside San who was staring at him with such worry and concern.

'I'll be in my room,' Hongjoong said, gently patting him on the shoulder before leaving the two together.

A deadly silence ensued between the two, and Wooyoung knew that he would never be the one to break it. There was just nothing for him to say.

'I called...'

Wooyoung nodded so slightly that no movement showed.

'... Hongjoong told me what happened...'