121 🩺 Encountered

Wandering aimlessly through the corridors, Seonghwa couldn't kill time fast enough. He still had twenty minutes until he was supposed to start his shift, but he didn't want to sit in a stale room and twiddle his thumbs.

However, upon turning the corner, Seonghwa glanced up to see a small group of five students around the university facilitator office.

'Oh? Yunho?' Recognising one at the back of the crowd, Seonghwa wandered over.

Yunho glanced up and gave a polite smile. He was the only one of the group to look not stressed or filled with nervous anxiety.

'Hey, How's San?' Yunho asked softly. But his voice distracted the other students from their huddle, and they all turned around. Upon seeing Seonghwa in his white coat and hospital ID, their eyes widened in panic.

Seonghwa internally giggled to himself, remembering what it was like to be a brand new med student. He nodded politely before turning back to Yunho. 'San's doing really well. Wooyoung went home, I don't know if you heard...'

Yunho nodded. 'Mingi mentioned, but I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet...'

Feeling eyes on them, both Yunho and Seonghwa turned to see five pairs of eyes staring up at them.

Seonghwa smirked as Yunho turned, deciding to ignore them. 'You must be acclimatized to the hospital already,' he said, watching Yunho roll his eyes.

'I think I've spent more time here than in my own house, to be honest. Half of the hospital staff here literally watched me grow up. I don't know why literally anyone here couldn't just sign off my orientation shit.'

'Because universities like to make life difficult.'

Yunho nodded at the sad fact, before checking his phone. 'Did San go to visit Wooyoung?' he asked.

Seonghwa nodded. 'Yeah I think so. Those two can't be separated.' He rolled his eyes, but as he glanced back at Yunho, the look on the boy's face struck his attention. He'd noticed that same look the other day in the cafeteria, and suddenly he found himself wondering...

'Wooyoung really seems to really send San into a panic...'

Seonghwa heaved a breath. 'He's really sensitive full stop I think, but Wooyoung does seem to be his soft spot. I don't think I've ever seen him like this with anyone before.'

Yunho nodded, looking down at his feet a little. There was something in it that just seemed off. Like he was upset or distressed or confused or something.

It's almost like he doesn't know about San... How, could he possibly not know?

'Yun, - I mean Yunho, sorry, habit. I wondered when I'd slip up. Anyway. Yunho, I think San kind of misses being around you... He's been so stressed with Wooyoung, but the other night when we were talking, all Mingi had to do was mention your name, and San suddenly seemed super down...' Talk to him. Please, for the love of God, talk to him... How can you not know about your best friend's relationships...?

Yunho's eyes widened, but despite Seonghwa's confusion at how the boy could be so oblivious to his friend, Hwa definitely saw the slight relief in those sad eyes at hearing that his friend still cared...

'I'm sure it was nothing. I'll text him. I don't really want to interrupt though if he's busy looking after Wooyoung.'

Seonghwa shook his head. 'You won't interrupt. San's back at home now, since Hongjoong and Yeosang are looking after him. He only visits during the day.'

Yunho exhaled a pained breath. 'God I'm so out of touch. See? I didn't even know that. Fuck. I'm such a shitty friend. I know nothing.'

Yeah I wonder where that came from. 'Yunho don't be too harsh on yourself. You're the only one feeling this way. San still sees you as his best friend, he's not mad or distant or anything. I promi-'

Just then, the door to the office opened and the facilitator surfaced. Seonghwa's eyes met with the man for a moment, nodding politely, before Seonghwa returned to Yunho. 'You probably have to go I'm assuming. Call him. Don't feel bad.'

And with that, Seonghwa tapped him on the arm before leaving him to attend his meeting, or whatever it was he was supposed to do.

~~~

A/N: meet Dash. If u couldn't tell, he's cold haha

 If u couldn't tell, he's cold haha