123 🩺 To The Bar We Go

San
Yun-ah~~
I feel like I haven't seen u in forever..
R u free tonight 🥺

Yunho
I can be
8pm @ the bar?

San
Yis~
Wait- Can we make it like, 8:30/9?
I'm at Woo's and the bus takes forever 🙄

Yunho
I can pick u up? I can't drink anyways cos placement tomorrow 😑

San
Pft plz u only ever drink when ur melting down

Yunho
😒Dont @ me
It's bold of u to assume I'm not
already melting down🙄
Send me his address & I'll pick u up otw

San
Okiii incoming~~~

~~~

Yunho
I'm here

San
I'll just be two seconds
U can come up if u want :)

Putting his phone down, Yunho wondered whether he should just wait in the car. He didn't particularly know the three in the house well, but if they were San's friends, then he figured he should probably be kinder...

Getting out of the car and going up the stairs to the unit, he knocked on the door.

'Coming~' a voice called from somewhere inside. Out the curtain covered windows was a homely glow of a mix of yellow and white lights, the smell of home cooked dinner and the faint sound of laughter and chatter from within the walls. It was everything Yunho had never experienced in his life, and so it felt foreign and strange...

A few moments later, the door opened and Hongjoong's figure came into view. He looked extremely homely, with his brown eyes and smile, hair completely ruffled, an old sweater, jeans and slides.

'Yunho~, what a surprise! Come in come in. Sorry about the mess. It's a bit chaotic in here at the moment,' he said, letting Yunho step inside.

But as Yunho glanced around, all he saw was a homely living, dining and kitchen area, Yeosang and Wooyoung at the table laughing over something, and San in the kitchen washing dishes. There wasn't really much clutter at all, apart from a box of novels sitting on the coffee table, some having been sifted through and put beside the box instead, and some bowls of fruit and random items on the kitchen table.

'It's not chaotic at all...' Yunho said, feeling a tad uncomfortable. His home was white, white and more white, with minimal photos, minimal decoration, and minimal comfort. Here, there were photos on every wall, books, a guitar, little fairy lights up around the curtain rods, and even things stuck to the fridge with magnets. It was lived in. It was a home.

It made Yunho unsure of how to act.

'Yun-ah~.' San's voice drifted over from the sink as he finished up and dried his hands. 'Sorry! I just wanted to help clean up a little.'

'You really didn't have to, San,' Hongjoong said, walking back to sit cross legged at the table.

'No no you let me stay for dinner and you fed me. It's the least I could do. I'll bring groceries with me next time to repay you,' San said, walking over to the table where he picked up his phone.

'If you do that, I will chuck a fit,' Yeosang said suddenly, brandishing a lollipop at him. 'There is literally no space in our kitchen for any more food. I don't think the three of us have all spent so much time together in this house and our kitchen is not big enough.'

'We're not moving!' Wooyoung suddenly said pouting. 'So don't even think about it.'

Yeosang laughed, reaching forward to ruffle his hair. 'Yes boss, we heard you the first time, and the hundredth time.'

'Yeah well I'm just making sure you know,' he said, narrowing his eyes to show he was being serious.

'Wooyoung-ah, I'm going to go get a drink with Yun,' San said, coming to stand next to him.

'Are you working tomorrow?' Wooyoung asked, and Yunho wondered how much he knew about San's life.

'Only two hours, but it's just after lunch. Should I come visit before or after?' he asked, brushing the freckle under his eye.

'After? I know you refuse because you're too nice, but one day you'll cave and stay over.' He gave San a nudge in the side, making San laugh.

Yunho felt jolted. Stay over...?

'You're so persistent.' He went to lean down, but Wooyoung shook his head.

'I'll walk you out. It's good physio. Min would be proud.' He used the table to help push himself up, before slipping his arm around San's, all the while, Yunho wondering, Min...? I didn't know they were that close...

'Yunho,' Wooyoung said kindly as he slowly made his way over. 'You should have come over earlier~. We had leftovers. You could have had dinner with us.'

Yunho felt his chest tug for some unknown reason. There was something about this household that seemed almost too homely for his comfort. It was strange to feel so welcomed...

'It's fine, I wouldn't have wanted to intrude ... You look so much better since I saw you last,' he said, trying to change the subject. And it was true. He had come a very, very long way.

'Please, everyone in this room knows I look like shit.'

Yunho snorted, before he could even help it.

'See! I like you, Yunho. You're the only one round here who's honest.' Wooyoung tapped him on the shoulder as he made it close enough to do so.

'You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. You look pretty damn good for someone who's just spent weeks in hospital.'

'Too bad I still look like death warmed up then.'

'Yah,' San suddenly scolded, and as he had his fit, Yunho took it upon himself to nod and quietly say goodbye to Hongjoong and Yeosang before going to open the door and exit.

'Wha~a~a~t?' Wooyoung complained as San turned to face him.

'Stop being mean to yourself. It makes me sad.'

Wooyoung giggled. 'You're so soft, it makes me think we're going to have a problem.'

Yunho saw San's eyes widen, and Wooyoung laugh in response.

'Kidding! Okay go have drinks. Promise you'll come visit tomorrow?'

'I'm going to tattoo yes I promise on my head, since I think I am literally becoming a broken record.'

And then Yunho's eyes widened as San suddenly leaned forward and kissed Wooyoung on the lips, soft and delicate whilst his hands cupped his face like a precious jewel. Yunho hadn't even seen his own parents that affectionate with each other.

Yunho sunk back into the shadows as though he hadn't seen anything at all, eyes still wide in shock.

'Have fun at the bar~' Wooyoung said gently, his voice soft and personal.

'Sleep well, Wooyoung~.'

And with that, the two separated, and San pulled the door shut between them. He looked around for a second as though he'd lost something, before his eyes met with Yunho's, who was halfway down the stairs, waiting.

'To the bar we go,' San said, descending down towards him. He tapped Yunho on the shoulder as he went, clearly not picking up on Yunho's confusion.

Yeah...' Yunho said, frowning in the dark. 'To the bar we go...'

~~~

🙊🙊🙊