102 🩺 Okay

Sitting alone on the steps to the bleachers watching the sunset, Mingi leant back against the seat behind him, sighing as he gazed up at the sky. Laptop in his lap, and his and Yunho's belongings beside him, he looked over his shoulder as he heard movement.

'Oh, you're back?'

Yunho descended the stairs, before coming to sit beside him. He held out a small box. 'Here.'

Frowning, Mingi took the box. 'What's this?'

Yunho leant back, exhaling in amusement. Opening a box of his own, Mingi realised that it was a cafeteria takeout veggie lasagne.

'You didn't get to finish your lunch,' Yunho said as he pulled two plastic forks from his pocket.

'That's why you disappeared?' Mingi asked in shock.

'Mmm.' He used the edge of the fork to cut a piece off and then stabbed it, popping it into his mouth.

Mingi sat back, astounded, and as he gently took one of the forks from Yunho, he couldn't help the feeling of butterflies catching in his stomach. It was getting hard to ignore these days, and Mingi was starting to feel less and less in control of his own heart.

'I was thinking...' Yunho put down his fork, resting the handle against the box, and leaning back against the next bleacher. 'Did you maybe want to come to my parent's clinic?'

Mingi looked at him, seeing him approach his words carefully. 'Why?'

Yunho bit his lip for a moment before speaking. 'I was going to bring you, and thought maybe no warning at all was the best warning... but I think you should have time to think...'

'About what?' Mingi watched him with gentle eyes as he trailed off.

'I... I was thinking... My parents are involved with a research trial at the moment, and they have some specimens that aren't of any use anymore... They have permission to use them for educational purposes...'

Mingi's heart leapt up into his chest. 'I-I...'

'You don't have to!' Yunho quickly said, his words suddenly falling from his lips at nine times their original speed. 'You don't have to at all. I just thought that maybe... In a different environment... One that you don't have any previous negative memories in... Maybe, if I could help you...'

Mingi took a shaky breath. 'I can try... But I don't know if I'll be able to...'

And when he looked up, he saw Yunho giving him a soft, proud smile. 'I'll be there, and if you don't want to, then I will take you away so quickly. I won't let you end up like lab.'

And somehow, miraculously, Mingi believed him.

'Okay...' Mingi whispered, not even sure how he'd managed to make himself agree.

But Yunho smiled warmly. 'Okay.'

~~~