28 🩺 Nice to meet you 👀

Mingi and San sat listening to Seonghwa tell a story about how he'd seen his 'crabby textbook' of a mentor actually act like a human with an old student of his, one that apparently he'd also had drinks with in the early hours of the morning, when San abruptly stood up.

He shot up from his spot and immediately made his way over to the door. Seonghwa and Mingi couldn't really see through the busy restaurant who he'd met, but seconds later, the two of them came into sight.

Mingi's eyes widened.

'Guys, this is Yunho. Yun, this is Seonghwa, and this is Mingi - you spoke to him on the phone.'

Mingi stared at the boy standing next to San. He was sure his jaw had dropped a little.

Stuck up boy?

Seonghwa stood up and extended his hand for a handshake. 'Nice to finally meet you, Yunho. San tells us about you all the time.'

Yunho gave a somewhat shy, uncertain smile and nodded politely. 'Likewise, Seonghwa...'

'Oh god, please don't speak so politely. It's cringe. Just be yourself.'

Yunho smiled a little. 'Thanks...'

Finally realising people were looking at him, Mingi stood up. Yunho's eyes fixed on him and his head tilted a little for a moment, before his eyes widened a tad.

'Min, you're drooling,' San joked, making him jump.

'I am not! I just- Yunho, San did say you studied med... But... You don't happen to be in BIOM twenty-seven eighty...?'

San and Seonghwa looked at each other, confused, and then back to the two. They were looking at each other, both seeming a little stunned.

'Wait-' San said, suddenly realising...

'Yes, I'm in your class. You're Mr. distracted...'

Mingi jolted hearing that, just like he'd named him the stuck up boy, apparently he'd also acquired a name... 'That happened once.'

Yunho shrugged, but his expression was quite soft. As Mingi looked at him, he couldn't help but notice that his eyes were red in the corners, and his cheeks patchy and splotched. He noticed how he was standing quite close to San, and that San had his hand on his back, the way he always did when he was trying to comfort someone. Suddenly, in Mingi's eyes, this person who had been quite stoic and stuck up, became someone who seemed quite vulnerable and soft...

None of his mannerisms were rude, and he had been extra polite with Seonghwa... Perhaps he'd been right to wonder about whether there was more to him in the first place...

'Wait - do you guys already know each other?' San asked incredulously.

Yunho turned to face him, his expression extremely soft. 'Not really. We spoke once.'

Mingi nodded.

'That's wild,' Seonghwa said as their food started to arrive. 'I can't believe how small this world is.' He divided out chopsticks and then ushered everyone to sit back down. 'Min-ah, come sit with me so Yunho can sit with San. He'll feel uncomfortable otherwise.' He giggled a little before shooting Min a devilish smirk. 'You are pretty scary. I think I'd be uncomfortable,' he joked.

Mingi glared at him, but got up to move anyway. But just as he'd stood, Yunho put a hand down on his shoulder. 'No need. Unless I make you uncomfortable?'

Mingi's voice disappeared as he looked up at the other. He shook his head instead.

'Are you sure? Yun...' San asked in concern.

'Yup. Sit with Seonghwa. You wouldn't stop complaining about how much you missed him last time we got drinks.'

Seonghwa's eyes turned wide with mischief. 'Oh ho ho! Really?! San!!!' Segonhwa gasped, an evil grin spreading across his face. 'You missed me, did you?'

San cringed as he slid in next to Seonghwa, Yunho doing the same with Mingi. In the commotion, only Yunho noticed his booth partner nervously try to give him more space than necessary, awkwardly fiddling with his chopsticks.

'Has Sannie been wanting a hug?' Seonghwa teased, opening his arms.

'Oh my God stop, this is cringe. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, Yun. You guys are all going to get along just fine. You all feed off teasing me.'

'That's because you make it too easy,' Mingi said, pointing a chopstick across the table at him.

'Whatever. Let's eat. Min, Seonghwa already spoke, so it's your turn to spill your existential crisis.'

~~~

A/N: Okay this is just the most aesthetic, calming place to write... Finally, home for a while. I can't believe I can see the ocean!

 I can't believe I can see the ocean!