48 🩺 Getting straight to business

San listened to Wooyoung's high pitched voice giggle over the high school story that Mingi was telling. It was somewhat mesmerising to see this complete stranger beside him, giggling away, as content as could be.

And yet, apparently they had met before.

San remembered the night he'd been rammed into by an unapologetic stranger, spilling sticky alcohol all over him. And he vaguely remembered being quite embarrassed under the gaze of the guy he'd accidentally run into, completely unsurprising seeing as how he was already flushed just sitting next to him right now...

Under the table, their legs brushed together, which drove San's stomach wild with butterflies. But Wooyoung appeared unaware.

A chip held in chopsticks suddenly entered San's field of vision, and as he turned his head towards the movement, he saw Wooyoung giggling. 'What's this?'

'Eattt~ You look like your zoning out.'

San chuckled. 'I just got distracted for a moment.' Yeah, by the fucking leg against me...

Opening his mouth, he accepted the chip and let the salty taste explode over his taste buds. He let his eyes flutter shut for a moment before he turned back to Wooyoung.

'Better?' the blonde asked, his eyes glittering.

'Better,' San replied.

And as they sat, neither said anything for a good amount of time. Perhaps it should have felt weird. But somehow, it felt as natural as any other action...

'San.'

His name tore San and Wooyoung from their little conversation, and as he looked up, he felt Mingi nudging him.

'Sorry Min, what?'

But before he could get a response, he noticed that their table had grown in crowd numbers by two.

'Oh my god, Yun! You made it!'

~~~