62 🩺 Seonghwa 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 called it 1st

Mingi sat with Seonghwa in the on call room, after having decided to avoid study for the rest of the day. He wanted to see his Hyung, especially since Seonghwa knew how much Mingi struggled with labs and had experienced it himself.

And so Mingi sat cross legged on the couch eating from a packet of popcorn while Seonghwa sat on the other end, facing him. He reached over and stole some popcorn, laughing a little when Mingi leaned down and snatched some out of his hand with his mouth.

'So San's friend came to the rescue, huh.'

Mingi nodded, staring into the bottom of the popcorn bag without actually seeing it. 'Yeah, I guess so.'

'You seem to be hanging out with him a bit,' Seonghwa said casually, eating popcorn from his hand stash.

'Yeah, I suppose.' He laughed a little as he thought back. 'I thought he was a rude chad the first time I met him, but it turns out he's just kinda bland to everyone that he isn't really that close with.'

Seonghwa grimaced a bit. 'Wow, nice guy, huh...'

Mingi waved his hands in objection. 'Nono he's not like, cold. He's just quite... direct. He kind of takes the 'stay within professional boundaries' approach with like, literally everyone that I've seen him interact with other than you guys. He doesn't go into friendly mode with strangers.'

'So like, he's animated and human with people he's friends with, and standoffish with everyone else.'

Mingi chuckled. 'Yeah, I guess so. He's really nice though. I promise~.'

'No objections there. He seemed nice every time I've met him. And I doubt San would talk to him if he was a prat.'

Mingi nodded, taking out another popped kernel from the bag and licking the salt off of his pinky. It wasn't until he looked up that he saw Seonghwa staring at him.

'Whaaat?' He asked carefully, suddenly scared.

Seonghwa raised an eyebrow. 'You know what.'

Mingi frowned. 'Do I know what?'

'Yes, you do know what.'

Mingi glanced up subconsciously as he thought, but nothing came to mind. 'I don't think I know what. Enlighten me?'

Seonghwa rolled his eyes. 'Do you have feelings for him?'

Mingi's eyes widened a little in surprise. To be honest, he'd wondered once or twice that exact thing, but the answer had always ended up the same way. 'No, I don't. He's just a really good friend.'

'San said he saw you two putting on a show of space invaders in the studio.'

Mingi laughed. 'It was nothing, we were just chatting about classes and what not. We didn't want to disturb the class.'

Seonghwa rolled his eyes again. 'Is that the story you're going with?'

Mingi threw a popcorn kernel at his friend. 'Yes! Because it's the truth!'

Seonghwa nodded. 'Ahhh, oh I see.' He did not sound convinced. 'So are you gunna let him try and help you with your lab anxiety?'

Mingi sucked his bottom lip in and bit into it a little as he thought. 'I don't know... I haven't really thought about it... I don't really see what he could do to help me though... Should I?'

Seonghwa shrugged. 'I mean, only you can know that, but I don't see any harm in trying. If you really think that it's not going to interfere with... anything else...'

'Interfere with what?'

'... Interfere with your relationship with him. I still think you like him.'

Mingi rolled his eyes. 'Seonghwa I don't like Yunho.'

'You so do.'

'I don't! I seriously, actually don't. We're just friends. And I don't think I've ever said that and meant it as much as I do now.'

'Mhmm. Come and see me when you realise then.'

Mingi couldn't help laughing. 'Whatever.'

~~~

A/N: U get the chapter title if u get it. 🤷‍♀️

I laughed when I went to name it, and then got dejavú, checked to see whether I was loosing it and realised history is repeating lol. Kinda nostalgic. Help