155 🩺 Cookies & Cream

Opening the front door as quietly as possible, Mingi slowly and without motivation made his way inside. Locking the door behind him and leaving his things next to his shoes, he didn't even bother turning any lights on.

But as he turned around, he noticed that there was a very dim golden glow coming from under the stove hood, with San sitting beside it.

A tub of ice cream and two spoons in his hands, he immediately jumped down and made his way over to him. Handing a spoon to Mingi, he put his arm around him and pushed him down the hall to his room where the blankets were already pulled back, and his laptop was set up and connected to power on his bed.

'What's all this?' Mingi asked softly, shrugging off his coat as he walked inside.

San pushed him into the bed, pulling the blankets over him and then shoving Shiber into his arms. 'As soon as I got your text that you were coming home, I knew something'd happened.' Crawling into bed beside him, he pulled the blankets over them both and tucked them in. He then took the lid off of the ice cream and put it on the bedside table, offering him the tub. 'Yunho talked to you, didn't he?'

Mingi nodded slowly.

'Did you tell him how you feel?'

He nodded again.

San's whole body aura changed, and as he turned to wrap his arms around him, Mingi felt how distressed San felt for him. San just knew, and Mingi felt a thousand fold more comforted with him by his side, even if he was more likely to cry longer and harder. It was better than crying for any length of time by himself...

'Haven't you two been observing the same surgeries lately?'

'Mhm..' Mingi swiped at a tear that began to form and threatened to slip down his cheek.

'Naw, Min... What're you gunna do?'

Scooping some of the cookies-and-cream ice cream out from the tub, Mingi sniffed. 'I told my facilitator that I'm not feeling well. I was going to go back tomorrow, but I think I'll just skip and stay away for a while...'

'Is one day away going to be enough?'

Mingi shrugged. 'Probably not... But it's not like I didn't already know he didn't feel the same...'

'No, but that doesn't mean that it hurts any less, Min. Which is besides the point. Right from day one when I saw you two in the studio, I actually wondered myself whether maybe he might be interested... You have absolutely every right to be sad. He gave off the vibes.'

Mingi swiped at another tear as he licked the spoon clean. 'Men suck,' he complained as San put an arm around him. Nuzzling into his side, Mingi accepted the comfort hugs and food graciously.

'Yes, they certainly do. Especially when they're as thick as Yunho is.' He reached up and ruffled his hair. 'Don't worry Min. Things will calm down in time, okay?'

He sniffed. 'Okay...'

'Good. Now no more boys talk. Let's watch a boring movie until we fall asleep. Deal?'

'Deal.'

~~~

A/N: I"M SORRYYYYYYYY
U KNOWWW how much I love them
It hurtsssss