60 🩺 Confidence Lacking

Thank u for being such lit human beings~!
🥺👉👈
I love writing for u guys, and I hope that this little corner of the internet that we have here provides a little bit of an escape from life

~~~

Following him in, Seonghwa poked his head into Hongjoong's office.

Moving around to take off his coat, Hongjoong walked over towards his desk, dragging one of the appointment seats with him around to the other side. However he glanced up suddenly as he realised seonghwa wasn't following.

A laugh escaped him as he gave an unsurprised smile. 'Seonghwa, you don't have to stand at the door. To help me, you have to actually come inside. I promise I won't bite.'

Seonghwa bit his lip a little as he moved forward. 'You know, you've said that you won't bite so many times that I'm starting to think you actually do...'

Hongjoong, who was leaning against the bookshelf behind him, bit hard against a smirk. 'Come in and sit down and we won't have to find out then, will we?' He patted the chair beside him, still unable to hide his smirk.

Seonghwa felt himself gasp and his stomach fill with butterflies. Oh my god this so isn't very moral of me... get your shit together, Seonghwa.

Forcing himself to obey, he took his coat off and rested it over the seat back as he sat. Glancing up at Hongjoong who was still leaning against the bookshelf with his arms crossed casually over his chest, he tried to breath himself through his nerves.

'Are you relaxed now?' Hongjoong asked, a slight hint of teasing laced delicately over his words.

'I-uh, yeah?'

Hongjoong gave him a look as if to say are you sure? However as Seonghwa nodded, he decided to take his word for it. He reached down beside him and took a folder from his desk, placing it down in front of Seonghwa. 'This, is our first outpatient this morning. Why don't you have a quick look over her file, while I get us some coffee?'

Seonghwa's eyes widened a little. 'You're going to leave me here?'

Hongjoong shrugged. 'I'm craving coffee and there's a kitchenette just there.' He pointed just outside with a dainty finger as if to show just how close it was. 'You're a big boy. I'm sure you'll be fine on your own.'

Seonghwa didn't really know how to respond. He just watched as Hongjoong chuckled, shaking his head before pushing off of the bookshelf.

'I'll be back in a second. Read that.'

And with that, he left, leaving Seonghwa in his office - which he wasn't even sure was allowed - with a folder in hand.

Seonghwa leant back and groaned, rubbing his face and hair with his hands.

Get your shit together, Seonghwa. We're at work.

Forcing himself to go over the file, Seonghwa had only just finished reviewing it and hadn't even started managing to get over his nerves, when the door opened, revealing Hongjoong pushing it open with his back as he carefully handled two steaming hot mugs of coffee. He put one down in front of Seonghwa on the bench before moving around and settling into his seat beside him.

'You remember how I take my coffee?'

Hongjoong shrugged. 'Black, no sugar. Not the hardest thing to remember.'

'Ahh...' Seonghwa big into his lip, feeling stupid for asking.

'Did you look over the patient notes?'

Seonghwa nodded.

'Have you formulated an idea in your head of what you might want to do?'

Seonghwa nodded unsurely... 'I- I um...'

Hongjoong scooted across the carpet liner and put his hand on his arm. 'Seonghwa, breathe. You don't have to get nervous about making decisions. Do you remember what I told you at your place?'

'About the colours and the clouds?'

Hongjoong nodded. 'You know your theory. You just struggle with trusting your theory. Just because you haven't practiced alone much, doesn't mean you don't have any experiences of your own. What's more, you don't have to worry here. My office is a safe space, and I'm not going to force you to do anything you aren't comfortable with, so you can take your time and learn. I already know what is happening for my patients, so there's no need to stress.

That being said, I'm not going to tell you anything about what the team have already planned. I want you to come up with it on your own.'

Seonghwa nodded, taking a shaky breath. 'I don't know why I still get like this... It's silly...'

Hongjoong laughed, shaking his head. 'Seonghwa, you're shy, and your invested in providing good, safe care. You're not silly.' And the way he said it, made Seonghwa feel suddenly that it wasn't such a bad thing... Just a thing.

And as his eyes caught, focused on the person in front of him, he suddenly found himself giggling.

'What?' Hongjoong asked, a confused smirk on his face.

Seonghwa couldn't help himself.

Reaching up, he put his finger under Hognjoong's chin and tilted his head to the side, exposing his jawline, cheekbone, and -

'You look adorable with your hair pin.'

Hongjoong's cheeks flared immediately as he sat back, shying away and shading his face. 'I forgot about that.'

And Seonghwa felt himself relax a little.

'I can tell.'

~~~

A/N: Don't touch me I'm soft

Also, had a rlly good shift omfg YESSSS I STANNNN