148 🩺 나 할 수 있다

Yunho took a deep breath. Walking these halls again, he felt pained.

Memories from the early morning with San flooded his memory as he felt like every pair of staff eyes were on him.

I'm imagining it, he thought, forcing himself to look straight ahead.

And then a hand clamped down on his shoulder.

'Jung Yunho.'

Turning around, anger rose within him. 'Kwang Saem.'

The doctor's narrowed eyes glared at him. 'I thought you might want to know I put in a disclosure and spoke to the family.'

Yunho was not impressed. 'The family? The, family?' Yunho wanted to spit on him. He gave up though. 'It shouldn't have taken you so long.' And with that, he turned, not wanting his eyes to rest on such a disgusting person.

'Yunho.'

His name being called like that made his insides twist. He stopped in his tracks, but did not turn.

'The director wants to see you.'

Silently, Yunho groaned. The director. The person who had sacked his mother and chased his father out from this very hospital.

Yunho didn't answer. Instead he just kept walking.

~~~

'I thought I saw you on the ward the other day. I thought you were placed at another hospital?'

Yunho levelled his eyes. Sitting across from the director in his office, he had to hold back his disgust for the person in front of him. 'Looks like I slipped through the paperwork. Here I am.'

'I can see that.' The Director looked at him through calculating eyes. 'I heard you made quite an inconvenient fuss for one of your fellow doctors?'

'I merely asked him to address me as a student and not a boy, and requested that he adhere to open disclosure for his patient.'

'Those two things are very separate issues, young man.'

'And yet they were the exact two things we quarrelled over.'

The director glared at him. 'Are you going to cause trouble here, Yunho? Because if you are, we can easily revoke your placement. It is not our responsibility to house you here.'

Yunho bit the inside of his lip in anger. 'I am here to learn.'

'And yet, you have already created quite the fuss, after not even a week.'

Yunho shrugged, keeping his eyes steady and asserting, and after a long staring contest, the Director nodded.

'I will ensure the doctors address you by your title.'

Yunho nodded. He knew very well that his word meant nothing, and that he had absolutely zero intention on doing anything other than spreading word of what he'd done.

'I do hope you won't be back in this office any time soon.'

Yunho nodded, standing up and bowing slightly, eyes cold as ice.

'Likewise.'

~~~