41 🩺 Late

Yunho rocked up to class about two minutes before it was due to start. The auditorium was packed, but somehow, despite there being a sea of dark heads of hair in front of him, he spotted Mingi immediately. He hadn't even been looking for him...

He wasn't sitting up the back where the two had sat last class. Instead, he was a few rows forward next to a girl that looked somewhat familiar. There was a person already sitting where Yunho usually sat, and so he made the decision to just be socially present. He walked down the stairs and then heaved a cringe-full sigh as he asked the people on the end if he could pass.

Pulling the seat down, he sat, grabbing the boy's attention.

'Oh? Yunho. I wondered whether you'd decided to skip.'

Yunho pulled his bag up to get his laptop out. 'I thought it was Tuesday.'

Mingi laughed, a soft and gentle sound that Yunho had come to attach to the boy's personality. 'You thought we were starting at nine?'

'Mmm.'

As the professor at the front of the class tapped the microphone, silence fell over the auditorium, and he commenced his class.

Mingi nudged him with his elbow, catching his attention.

What? he mouthed back.

Mingi passed him his phone with his contacts open, a new contact up.

Glancing between the phone and Mingi, he took it and keyed in his name and number. After a moment's consideration, he dialled his own number so he would have Mingi's number too.

-

Yunho nudged Mingi in the side once he was done, passing back his phone.

Giving him a smile, Mingi glanced down at the contact.

Jung Yunho
+81 ********
:)

Mingi stared at the little smiley face.

Cute, he thought.

Glancing over at Yunho, his movement seemed to catch the boy's attention and he turned his head. Their eyes met for a second, before Mingi gave him a small smile. He mouthed the word thanks, before glancing back at the front of the class.

So he's not a prick after all.

~~~