58 🩺 Borrowed

While Seonghwa stood at the nurses station waiting for Dr. Han to come out from a patient's, the sound of children's laughter drifted in from one of the patient bed bay's just across the hall from where he was standing.

Unlike most four bed bays, the patients in this room kept their curtains pulled aside, allowing the kids in the beds to chat, and their parents to provide an air of support to each other in the form of presence.

Through the open door to the room, Seonghwa could see three of the four children all sitting on their beds, giggling at whatever was happening on the fourth bed that was obstructed from his view. Even the parents were having a small chuckle at the scene.

Curious, Seonghwa walked over and leaned against the door frame, instantly shocked with what he saw.

There, was Hongjoong, kneeling next to the little girl in the bed that Seonghwa hadn't previously been able to see, taking a set of vitals. The little girl was giggling like crazy, and Seonghwa snorted when Hongjoong turned his head a little, revealing a sparkling purple bow in his hair.

'Kim Sonsaengnim! Did you know that my new friends and I allll have something in common?! We allll love Cinderella!'

'Is that so?!' Hongjoong popped the thermometer under the girl's arm and sat back on the balls of his feet, giving her 100% of his attention.

'Yes! We all watched it on Jihyeon's tv last night! It was so exciting!'

Hongjoong gave her a shocked expression. 'You all watched Cinderella without me?!'

Seonghwa covered his mouth to hide his smirk.

'Does Kim Songsaengnim like Cinderella too?!'

Another one of the girls on the bed opposite giggled. 'His hair suits Arial better though!'

The sudden small burst of laughter that Hongjoong let out sounded genuine. He wiped his bottom lip as he stifled his laughter, retrieving the thermometer and taking the result. 'You think Arial suits me?'

'Yess, but because you're really nice, I think Belle suits you better.' The other girls all were quick to agree, their mother's all looking quite lost for words as they tried and failed to hush their daughters.

'You think one day I should dress like Belle and come to work?'

The girls all giggled hysterically. 'No! Silly!'

'Why not?!'

'Because you'd get your dress caught on things!' The little girl said it as though it were obvious.

'Ooooh, I see. Aren't you thoughtful!'

The girl beamed. 'You can just wear your bow!'

Cheeks flaming, the girl's mother tapped her daughter on the shoulder. 'That's enough, hun. Kim Sonsaeng has a lot of work to do and we don't want to keep him.'

The girl nodded, pursing her lips together, sad. 'You'll come back? Right?!'

Hongjoong booped her nose. 'Of course I will. I'll be back around lunch to see how you're doing. How does that sound?'