128 🩺 Chats

'I hope you don't mind being thrown in the deep end from day one.'

Mingi's placement buddy strode down the hallway, Mingi hurrying to keep up. Rushing to attend an emergency surgery, Mingi's heart was beating fast. Of course he wouldn't be participating, but he hadn't expected to be witnessing surgery on his first shift.

'GS are few and far in between in this hospital,' the doctor explained, making it to the sinks to scrub up. 'You'll probably find every General Surgeon trying to recruit you. Prepare yourself.'

'Does that mean you're not playing part of that?' Mingi asked, triggering the water with his foot.

His doctor gave him a coy smirk. 'Am I likely to win if I bet in?'

Mingi exhaled in amusement. 'Probably not.'

He sighed like he'd lost a good catch. 'What area are you wanting to go into?'

'Paediatrics.'

The doctor nodded, rinsing off the soap from his arms, before soaping up again. 'I see. Well, we'll see if we can change that.'

'Yeah... We'll see...'

~~~

'So is he okay with it? What did Yunho say?' Wooyoung asked, his voice floating through the phone line.

'Not much... I think he wants to be okay, but he's not...' San sighed heavily. 'I'm worried about Min...'

'Why? Ooh, does he like him?'

'Mhm.' San bit his lip, rolling it between his teeth. 'Yun asked me about Mingi...'

'And what did you say?'

'What could I say? I told him that it's not my place, and that he'd have to talk to Min about it... God, Woo... I know Mingi only just recently started working around his feelings, but he really likes him...'

'Yunho is straight, right?'

San closed his eyes. 'I thought so, but jesus I swear to god, I have seen those two around each other, and I seriously questioned whether he likes guys... I really thought that he liked Min.'

'So, maybe he does? Has he had girlfriends before?'

San thought back. 'I don't think so. I don't think he's had any relationships before. His parents are too bloody stifling.'

'Well maybe he's just uncomfortable with finding out your sexuality because it challenges him and he's insecure and unaware.'

San laughed. 'I don't know whether that sounded insightful or insulting.'

Wooyoung's soft laughter followed through the line. 'I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm just saying random things. Mom always said to just trust my instincts, so if you feel like he's confused, then he probably is.'

San smiled. 'I miss you.'

'We literally saw each other last night, and you'll be here in like, two and a half hours.'

'Oh, so you don't miss me too?' San said, pouting.

And Wooyoung giggled. 'Of course I miss you. Can you please stay over tonight? It's not like anything unsavoury could happen, even if I wanted to. Pleaseeee~~~?'

San laughed. 'Wooyoung, your Hyungs will hate me. Do you want that?'

Wooyoung huffed. 'They will not. They like you. Plus, they're already like, super aware that I'm mid process of persuading you to stay. Look, Yeosang just appeared and is literally staring at me right now... is lunch ready?'

There was a slight scuffle and giggle before San heard Yeosang's voice float through the line, 'yeah. Is that San?'

Wooyoung giggled happily, 'Yis~ He still won't stay over though,' he complained.

Suddenly however, he gasped as he remembered something. 'Wait! Sang, is your date this afternoon?'

'It's not a date.'

'No, it's coffee, conveniently only three doors down from his apartment complex. So it's sex.'

'It is not!'

'It probably is.'

'Fine, it might be. Hi San!' Yeosang called out from the background.

'Tell San he can stay over,' Wooyoung pouted.

'Oh my God, San, please dear lord stay over, I'm sick to death of Wooyoung complaining with his separation issues.'

San laughed as Wooyoung's excited voice came through the line. 'See! He said it's fine! And Joong is doing a zoom conference tonight, so stayyyy~~~'

'Fineee. We'll see,' San laughed, glancing up at the clock. He didn't want to hang up.

'You said you have "yes I promise" tattooed on your forehead, so I'll take that as a yes~. See you soooon~'

And San smiled. 'Enjoy your lunch. See you soon, Woo.'

~~~

A/N: Idk if that's hard to follow or not. Lemme know if it doesn't make sense and I'll fix it :)