24 🩺 Uber

Yawning, Yeosang dragged his feet across the linoleum as he walked up to his locker in the mens changing rooms. He couldn't wait to go home and shower in his own shower, get into his own bed, and tuck himself under his own blankets. Ever since that last night with Wooyoung's particularly bad nightmare, Yeosang had been feeling very homesick, and found himself just wanting to go home and be with his brother, rather than the hospital, spending the night in one of the on-call beds with people coming and going constantly.

Navigating to his locker, he stripped off his scrub top and pulled the first sweater his fingers met off of the hanger, cringing at the metallic sound of the coat hanger smacking up against the top of the steel locker. Whoops.

Changing into jeans, he sat down on the centre bench to pull his boots on when he noticed his phone screen light up, illuminating the inside of his locker. He leaned forward and picked up the device, glancing over the notifications.

The first - the one responsible for lighting up his screen - was ironically a reminder to go to bed. Yeosang internally rolled his eyes, but on the outside, he was too tired to register.

Underneath that notification however, were a series of texts that caught his eye.

12:14am
New Messages - Joong Hyung
Sang-ah, I'm going to get a drink with a colleague
Good luck with your surgery!!
Not that u need it 👍
Idk where we're going, but I'll text u the address when I do :)

12:28am
Joong Hyung has started sharing their location with you.

12:29am
New Message - Joong Hyung
Idk if that worked 🤷‍♀️
Take ur time. If the location doesn't work, lemme know ^.^
Drive safely & see u sooooon xxx

Yeosang's lips formed a smile as he looked over his Hyung's texts. 'It's about time he started being social,' he murmured to himself, pulling on his shoes. Finally, he was being social with people other than Wooyoung and himself.

Grabbing his bag and shutting his locker, he made his way to the west wing car park, ready for another game of hide and seek with Joong's car.

But to his relief, it didn't take too long for him to find it, and as he put his phone navigation onto the dash and made his way out of the staff parking lot, Yeosang discovered very quickly that he loved driving at two thirty in the morning. It took almost no time at all to make it to the bar, and Yeosang felt like a King as he pulled into his rockstar parking spot right out the front.

Getting out and making his way up to the door, he'd known it wouldn't be bustling, but this...

To say the bar was quiet was an understatement. In the dim golden glowing lighting, it was piss easy to spot his roommate, seeing as him and his colleague were the only ones in the bar, with the exception of the bartender who was sitting in the corner on his phone.

But Yeosang didn't pay much mind to the stranger, especially since the moment his eyes landed on Hongjoong, he immediately recognised the stress and fatigue he was carrying. It was in his posture, in the way he held himself, and despite giggling to some extent as he and his colleague laughed over whatever they were talking about, Yeosang could see how much he was struggling.

He was smiling, but his distress was woven into the way his shoulders were tense, and in the way his fingers were tapping on his knee the way he always did when he felt bad for something he did, or didn't do. It was in the way his leg tapped anxiously on the barstool, and in the way he looked down, more than up.