126 🩺 From Afar

First day of placement, Mingi ran down the hall towards Seonghwa in the hospital. 'Oh my God Hyung I'm so freaking late, do you have my-'

'Phone? Yes.' Seonghwa held his phone out for Mingi to take the moment he was within range.

'Where is the General Reg's office, and why didn't they show us on orientation?' Mingi said quickly, his words tumbling from his mouth.

'Ninth floor, three doors on the right, and because the uni is useless. Good luck~. Come find me after.'

Mingi quickly hugged him before rushing back down the hallway. 'Will do!' he called back over his shoulder.

~~~

From where Yunho was walking behind his placement buddy for the day, he could see Mingi rushing off down towards the elevators again, looking extremely stressed and flustered. Memories of the previous night with San flooded his memory - images of the look of concern that had crossed his face when he'd been asked about Mingi...

The same person who seemed just the same as Yunho had last seen him, but suddenly somehow felt different...

'YuYu,' Kwang Saem said, turning to him. 'Do you think you can run this paperwork down to where your mom's old office used to be for me?'

Yunho rolled his eyes, but took the paper nonetheless. 'Fine, but never call me that ever again. I'm not three anymore.'

Yunho had been around Kwang Saem since before he could talk, and had watched him grow up. He was the sort of person who was persistent to the point of being annoying, and Yunho knew immediately that by the end of the day, he was going to feel like pulling his hair out telling him to treat him like a student, and not a family friend.

'Sorry! Old habits,' he said, clearly not sounding sorry at all. 'You'll always be our little YuYu in my mind though.'

Yunho rolled his eyes again. 'Don't make me put in a workplace harassment form,' he groaned, wishing that it would do anything other than make him laugh.

'You still have your father's sense of humour.'

If only you knew I wasn't joking.

'Back soon.'

~~~

A/N: I kind of laugh. In the hospitals, the staff (not srs like this chap), but like, they laugh as a joke because there's so many rules, so everyone's like, oh my GOD, jan did you just look at me weird with that suppository in your hand?! don't make me put in a sexual harassment form. Nurses have sick senses of humour