163 🩺 The Angst Has 👀 Arrived 👀

'Hyung?'

Poking his nose out from his room, Wooyoung glanced down towards the living room, wondering why the place was so quiet. 'Sangie? Joong?'

Checking Yeosang's room first, Wooyoung frowned when he saw it empty.

'Hyung-ah?'

Turning around, Wooyoung saw Hongjoong's door was half shut, making his frown deepen.

'Hyung?'

Padding over to the door, Wooyoung glanced into Hongjoong's room to see him in his office chair, and Yeosang sitting on his bed, serious expressions on both of their faces as they spoke quietly between themselves.

They both looked up as they noticed the door open a little.

'W-what's going on...? Did something happen?'

Sighing, Hongjoong stood up and walked over to him. 'Wooyoung, hun, come and sit down for a second. We want to talk to you for a sec...'

And that tone of voice- it scared the fuck out of Wooyoung. Nervous and scared and with absolutely no idea what was about to happen, Wooyoung's hands shook as Hongjoong helped him over to sit down on the bed next to Yeosang.

'D-did I do something wrong? Am I in trouble?' Wooyoung asked softly, eyes wide as doe eyes as he nervously looked between his Hyungs.

'No hun, you're not in trouble. Joong and I just thought it was time we had a chat to you about how you came to end up in hospital...' Yeosang's expression was one of extreme caution, and it only scared Wooyoung even more.

'W-what do you mean...?'

Hongjoong scooted over on his chair until he was right in front of him. 'Woo, it's okay, we're not going to see you any differently, and you don't have to say anything now. But we just wanted you to know that you can open up. We don't even have to tell anyone else if you're not ready to...'

Wooyoung frowned. 'I don't know what you mean...?'

Yeosang decided to try instead. 'Woo Hun, you know you can talk to Joong or me if something bad happens to you right?'

'Of course I do,' Wooyoung said softly, letting Yeosang take his hands in his.

'And you know that even if it's maybe embarrassing to talk about, we'll still support you and listen... right?'

'Hyung-ah, I don't know what you're talking about? What happened? I'm confused...'

Looking between Yeosang and Hongjoong, Wooyoung started to become impatient. 'Aww Hyu~~ng. What happen~~ed?' 

Hongjoong sat forward, taking a deep breath. 'Wooyoung, I know it's not easy to talk about.. But rape is very serious and we just want to make sure that you know that if you need, or want to talk about anything, you can talk to us, or even if you don't want to tell us, we can take you to talk to someone else...'

Wooyoung's eyes widened, shocked at first as his mind raced to work out what the hell had just happened.

And then his mind caught up with the rest of the world.

'R-rape?! Hyung no I think there's been a misund-'

'Wooyoung-ah,' Yeosang said seriously, rubbing his hands in his. His face was becoming more and more filled with emotions that Wooyoung associated with worry and guilt and fear and all the bad things he never wanted to see on his brother's face. 'I feel so bad that you don't feel you can tell me, but I get that you might not want to tell us and -'

'No Hyung-'

'No I mean it Woo. It's my job to look after you, and I couldn't do it then, and I want to do it now.  You shouldn't have had to go through all of that alone! You must have been so scared and upset and lonely and I'm so sorry I wasn't there! I've already decided I'm going to pull out of my course and-'

Wooyoung's distress rose the more Yeosang spoke, and words started falling from his lips faster than he could think. 'No Hung that's not it don't quit! I only did it for you! I didn't feel any of those things at all! I promise! Please don't quit! You love it!'

But then the whole room froze, and Wooyoung found himself being the only one moving. He tried to stir Yeosang, to get him to tell him that he wouldn't quit, but he didn't.

'W-what?'  Yeosang's face went pale white, and his hands went stone cold as they froze.

'N-no it's just that you work so hard and the landlord put the rent up and you got so sick last time you worked a part time job and studied a-and you give me so much... I wanted to help ...'

'Wooyoung what did you do?'

Wooyoung's heart started to jump more and more up into his throat as he realised he'd just fucked up big time. He glanced at Hongjoong, who was equally as wide eyed... pale... speechless.

'Wooyoung-ah!' Yeosang yelled, shaking him. 'What did you do?'

Wooyoung felt his bottom lip tremble. 'I-I j-just... t-tried to help p-pay the b-b-bills...'

Hongjoong suddenly spoke up, but the moment he did, Wooyoung heard how terrified and shell shocked he sounded, and it made him feel sick to the core with guilt. 'Wooyoung IIII could have helped!'

'But you already pay your mom's medical bills, and I owe Yeosang my life-'

And then Yeosang lost his plot. 'Wooyoung I don't know how many times I have to tell you that you don't owe me anything!'

Wooyoung flinched as he yelled at him, tears immediately forming in his eyes to match those of anger in Yeosang's.

'Our parents were always your parents, even before that day child services brought you to our house! You were always my brother, and never once did you impede upon anything in my life.' He seemed to literally shake with anger as he yelled at him, as though it would drive his point home.

'Are you really going to make me tell you for the rest of my life that you don't owe us anything?! Wooyoung, mom and dad have always been our parents. Our family. Never once were you not a part of our family. Why couldn't you just talk to me-' swiping at his tears, Yeosang pulled his hands from Wooyoung's and got up off of the bed. As he started to leave, but Wooyoung grabbed his arm to stop him, however twisting a little as he did, he winced in pain, only seeming to make Yeosang angrier.

'H-Hyung...' Wooyoung whispered. In his eighteen years of living with Yeosang, and almost twenty four of being around him, never once had Wooyoung seen Yeosang like this. It scared him possibly more than he'd even been when his own family had left him alone in the world. It felt as though he was being left behind again - only this time, Yeosang would still be present, but out of his reach.

'H-hyung...' he begged again, but as he gazed at his brother, Yeosang stared at his feet, tears slipping straight from his eyelashes to the floor.

'I can't look at you right now.'

His soft, now deadly quiet voice preceded him peeling Wooyoung's grip from his arm and striding out of the room, leaving Wooyoung to try and chase after him - failing - with tears streaming down his cheeks. Yeosang's door slammed shut and the sound of the lock engaging was the last thing Wooyoung heard, driving nails through his heart.

For the first time in his life, from a family of people who never shut doors, Yeosang had blocked himself off from the world, leaving Wooyoung to cry and suffer, begging for him to come back.

But no matter how hard he pleaded, the door to his room remained firmly closed, and he did not surface.

~~~

A/N: It hurts to write this, because fking true story. Welcome to 12 year old me and my brother with my mother, I cri