63 🩺 Empathetic

Yunho sat at his desk at home trying hard to focus on study, but failing.

Every time he got even close to concentration, the memory of lab from earlier would pop into his mind, distracting him.

Yunho had thought that the boy was just feeling unwell at first when he'd found him waiting for class, but when he'd seen him walk into that lab step up to that table with shaky hands and breath, Yunho immediately wanted to step forward and help...

This person with such a soft disposition; so gentle and calm and relaxed... Suddenly, he was a jittery, nervous, anxious mess, and it was so glaringly obvious that he was struggling...

Yunho threw his pen down on the table and leant back, giving up. He wasn't going to get anything done.

It almost felt unfair that Mingi struggled when he was so eager and passionate.

Yunho rested his head back and closed his eyes, frustrated.

As the scalpel had clattered to the ground and Mingi had run out, Yunho had been somewhat relieved. He didn't want him to have to be in that place - the one and only place he'd ever seen Mingi so vulnerable and terrified... Yunho didn't even feel bad for ignoring the teacher as he turned and ran after him.

The moment he'd opened that bathroom door and seen him keeled over the sink in the midst of a panic attack, Yunho wished he hadn't hesitated in shock for that one split second. But it was just so unsettling to see such a calm, reserved person in such a state...

And as he'd taken him outside for fresh air and a change in scenery, Yunho couldn't help feeling helpless.

Mingi was such a good student, such a good person. He didn't deserve to struggle with such things. No one did.

Yunho groaned, running his hands through his hair.

The boy was so soft and gentle and smooth and calm with him. He didn't deserve to be pushed into labs before he was ready. Not when he never rushed into anything. He was always calm and took his time...

Yunho's heart palpated for a split second, and his eyes blinked open

Wait...

Yunho thought about the boy, and what was in his nature, and what was not.

I think I know how I can help...

~~~